New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome Bruno! Lots to learn here from a great community. If you don't mind me asking, what brings you to us from Spain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Calculon,
I have a lot of interest about USA because I thing that is a very interesting culture, museums, citys...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spaniard laws about legal guns.

Hello,
In Spain to have a gun or weapon without Permit is jail ( from 6 month to 10 years), to obtain a permit is dificult, the Spaniard law of legal guns is VERY restrictive, military and police agents ( permit A ) can have a maximun of 4 handguns ( including oficial pistol), concealed carry permit for civilians ( permit B ) is VERY DIFICULT TO OBTEIN, private security agents ( permit C ) usually are not armed ( in Spain the level of violent crimes is very low), particular citizens can have a maximun of 10 handguns for sport shooting ( high competition level is mandatory), legal possesion of shotguns and rifles is less restrictive, full automatic guns&weapons are forbiden out of army and police, collector guns&weapons must ( by law) be not in use, obviously the price of this guns is very low.
The use of armed force against a criminal is dificult in the trial, the person must wait, perhaps, jail before trial, usually popular jury are more near of say "not guilty" than profesional judges, after the trial is VERY posible to "win" a civil trial from the family of the criminal died, that´s all my friends.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Hello,
In Spain to have a gun or weapon without Permit is jail ( from 6 month to 10 years), to obtain a permit is dificult, the Spaniard law of legal guns is VERY restrictive, military and police agents ( permit A ) can have a maximun of 4 handguns ( including oficial pistol), concealed carry permit for civilians ( permit B ) is VERY DIFICULT TO OBTEIN, private security agents ( permit C ) usually are not armed ( in Spain the level of violent crimes is very low), particular citizens can have a maximun of 10 handguns for sport shooting ( high competition level is mandatory), legal possesion of shotguns and rifles is less restrictive, full automatic guns&weapons are forbiden out of army and police, collector guns&weapons must ( by law) be not in use, obviously the price of this guns is very low.
The use of armed force against a criminal is dificult in the trial, the person must wait, perhaps, jail before trial, usually popular jury are more near of say "not guilty" than profesional judges, after the trial is VERY posible to "win" a civil trial from the family of the criminal died, that´s all my friends.
Sounds like you will feel right at home in NY.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts