New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and greetings from Brooklyn. NY. I first want to say that I have been reading a lot of posts and decided that I would drop a line and see if I could pick your brains. I am getting my documents in order to apply for a rifle/shotgun permit and at a later date possibly pistil permit.
Before I take the trip all the way to one police or the Queens I wanted to ask about the over all process. It seems like everyone has had some issue or another, so when I go in outside of the documents notarized and signed, my birth certificate, SS card, proof of residence, is there anything else that will be required? Will they want a letter of intent of use? Will they interview me? Is it the same process for handgun?
Thank you,
Bramos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, 15 months is insane. I have a place in PA but im not a resident....makes me want to switch my info. I would much rather spend my money shooting in NY then having to go up to PA to do it. Did you have a write a stmnt of purpose of the weapon?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, im looking forward to getting my permit. Any idea if there is a time frame that you have to buy the shotgun/firearm in after the permit is approved? Like the 6month time line for handguns?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Wow here I thought NYF was experiencing a sudden influx of new members flocking to the site, but then I saw that 51st post from nydave...LOL.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thank you, im looking forward to getting my permit. Any idea if there is a time frame that you have to buy the shotgun/firearm in after the permit is approved? Like the 6month time line for handguns?
Welcome from Brooklyn. This, I do know: you don't even have to own a rifle or shotgun once you have the permit. It's not like the handgun license. So no pressure to buy in a certain time frame. And although I haven't gone through the process myself yet, from what I understand there is no interview and no reference letters. Nothing but the fingerprints, application, and fees. And the long wait since apparently they only have one person processing applications in Kew Gardens. . .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.