New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
He is all wrong on this issue, check out what he said after Katrina, a total revers of position. Maybe his word of the day should be "infringed"

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I was watching his show last night and was pretty disgusted. His talking points were great at the beginning of the show regarding class warfare but it went straight downhill after that.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Let's go with O'Reilly's idea for a minute. When buying over a certain amount of rounds of ammunition, the FBI is informed. The idiot that shot up the theater would have been looked into. Say he would have been put on a "watch list" of some sort. How would that have stopped the shooting? Are the FBI or BATFE going to have an agent follow the idiot wherever he goes? The only way the shooting would have not occurred is to not allow a (previously) law abiding citizen the ability to purchase the firearms in the first place. Even then it is no guarantee. The idiot could have gotten the firearms through other sources.

What O'Reilly is suggesting would not have stopped the shooting.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
So the buzz word is "heavy weapons" now? I'll have to write that down.

*picks up Mosin Nagant."

*Picks up AR.*

Say now, wait a minute, which is the "Heavy Weapon"? :O

·
Registered
607 Posts
So the buzz word is "heavy weapons" now? I'll have to write that down.

*picks up Mosin Nagant."

*Picks up AR.*

Say now, wait a minute, which is the "Heavy Weapon"? :O
At first he said rocket launchers or howitzers. then it became AK-47s were heavy weapons.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is my large framing hammer considered a "heavy Weapon" ????

I have 2 but a permit for neither?!

then again..my air brad nailer has well over a 10 round capacity? is that illegal as well as my hammer?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Line up a bunch of different caliber rifles on the table and ask him which ones are heavy weapons. What do you want to bet he points at an AR-15 and an AK-47 but ignores the .416 or the 30-06 bolt guns.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Putting someone on a watch list for buying ammo won't fix anything, even if they had an agent tail you. I mean for shooting sprees like this what would you really need? Maybe 200-300 rounds tops. By that time the cops/swat are already there. Him buying 6,000 (apparently 60,000 according to O'Reilly) rounds (apparently "heavy duty" rounds to O'Reilly) was really gratuitous. And I mean if I buy 10,000 rounds of 9mm ammo, do you really think I'm a huge threat? You know what we should really do, they should screen what you buy at the stores and cross reference them, and if you buy anything that could be used to make a bomb you are questioned and followed. Because at that point you could pose a threat. I love how he skirts around logic. The guy full on says "If someone want's to find a way to do harm, they will." O'Reilly comes back with "Yah but..... we need this new law too, you know, just in case. It will make it so this can never happen again." Words can not describe the kind of idiot he is.

Also when he says, "You can just buy a machine gun and no one will even know." Chaffetz tells him the process you have to go through by law and all the steps taken. O'Reilly just goes on like a typical idiot and keeps repeating that you can buy an AK and no one will ever know. He is immune to facts and logic!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Buying a MG without fed interaction?
I wanna know where you can find someone that will sell an MG without fed interaction...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I'm surprised O'Smiley is still allowed to opine his half-baked screaming and yelling oops, his thoughts.

When you can't find a real job, get a TV show and rake others over the coals

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
O'Reilly is a class A d0uche and a perfect example that those on the right (well, it really doesn't matter which side of the political fence they fall on) are as wrong as those on the left. I don't subscribe to any "extreme" viewpoint, they're all full of agendas and overflowing with logical fallacies. Now that O'Reilly has likely alienated his base, who does he have left? Oh, right, there are plenty of morons who will just never have a clue.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Unbelieveable. And how disrespectful to completely bulldoze any response from the Congressman.
That's how he operates, to compensate for a shaky argument he only lets you talk just enough so that he has something else to rant on about, but not enough to explain why hes wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I agree, I think I was just a little stupider after having heard what he was trying to debate, I sat there in awe at the total lack of knowledge on part of a so called college educated man that gets to spew his idiotic point of view to millions who probalby think now that one can just buy a MG right off the street. Ya, the FBI should be informed anytime a person wants to buy a "Heavy Weapon", how stupid is he, doesnt this idiot know that the FBI is "informed" ever time someone buys a freakin .22. This is exaclty what wrong with the media, you have a bunch of idiots who think they know everything preaching, and making **** up as they go. I'm just dont know what to think anymore, but I do know this, I wouldnt be a victim shot in the back, when **** happens, men have to be men, and step up, protect the innocent, not run over women and childeren trying to save your own cowardess ass. To the hero who protected his girlfriend with his life, I salute you, your sacrifice will be remembered, and for the service members who were running for there lives, I think its back to basic training for you.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
So can someone tell me where the local howitzer dealer is, because according to him you can just pick one up and ammo to go with it.

After all the time he has had his show, you would think the guest speakers would realize by now that you can't get a word in edge wise and there is no point in being on the show. To the congressmen from Arizona thank you for trying.

Hmm I learn something new everyday ARs and AKs are heavy weapons huh? Then what is a 30lb .50 cal rifle super heavy? Does that make a M777 and über heavy weapon?

I don't know if I want to be in this country in another 20 years because fact no longer has a place here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts