New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my heavy rifle (.338LM) back from the rifle-smith. I had a few issues that needed tending to.

Today I went to the range to re-zero the scope and check performance.
My standard load for this rifle is Lapua brass/ Federal Match Magnum primer/92.0 grains Retumbo/300 grain SMK/2,750 fps

Although this bears a striking resemblance to an AIAW rifle it is actually a Badger 2008 custom built rifle.

The obligatory "through the scope picture"

This rifle has the potential to be a sub moa shooter.

I've just got to get better at driving this rifle. I'll admit it is a challenge.

·
Registered
687 Posts
what distance were the targets?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Looks sub minute to me! Nice gun, I could never afford to shoot that caliber, your only getting 75 rounds out of a pound of powder!!!

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Why is it more challenging driving this rifle? How is the recoil? I'm sure the brake helps a bit but I would guess its not pleasant to shoot...

·
Registered
687 Posts
Why is it more challenging driving this rifle? How is the recoil? I'm sure the brake helps a bit but I would guess its not pleasant to shoot...
I know I wouldn't want to be in the shooting position on either side of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even with the muzzle brake there is substantial recoil. Keeping the follow-through the same for each shot is what's difficult for me. My own weakness prevents the rifle from shooting to its potential.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nice to see Paris returned to you. Kevin I'm not telling you anything you do not know already but get off the bench as soon as you can. Solid prone position is what you need to drive the heavies consistently.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts