New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week I submitted a letter to the NYS senators via the Dick Morris website regarding their involvement in the UN gun control treaty.

Here's Shumer's (I'm assuming) auto reply email I just got today. Funny how he makes it out to sound like he's a full fledged second amendment supporter. This stuff is the typical political misinformation and double speak that the average person would read and think..oh see Senator Schumer is on our side..see he tells me right there in his letter.

Dear Mr. Piotrowski:

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitution’s Second Amendment. The recent Supreme Court decisions reinforced this fact, but I believed that this was the case prior to those decisions.

While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe it is possible to strike a reasonable balance. I have long advocated for faster and more accurate background checks so legal purchasers can receive their guns quickly while ensuring criminals do not illegally purchase and possess firearms. In 2011, I proposed S. 436, the Fix Gun Checks Act to provide more funding to states to compile required background data for the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). This legislation builds on the National Rifle Association-supported NICS Improvements Amendment Act, passed by Congress in 2007. Ensuring that this information is comprehensive and up to date will protect law enforcement from criminals with illegally obtained weapons while speeding up the process for purchasing legal firearms.

You may also be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns. For example, in the 109th Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You may also be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns.

I'd be damn pleased to know it. If it was true.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Didn't Chucky send the exact same letter to someone else on this forum (could've sworn I've read this in the past)? I'm guessing he has pre-formulated responses for just about anything. His interns just pick from the pile and either return via mail or through email...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Fixed that line in 2nd paragraph for you:

....I believe that we of the collective.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't Chucky send the exact same letter to someone else on this forum (could've sworn I've read this in the past)?
Yea I"m sure this is his auto reply format for anything that comes in relative to gun control.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Yea I"m sure this is his auto reply format for anything that comes in relative to gun control.
For fun somebody should send him a "GUNZ R BAD" letter and see the response.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Definitely a form letter response. He could care less what his constituents think. This man has GOT TO GO.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Dear Mr. Poggi:

Thank you for contacting me regarding concealed carry reciprocity. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitution's Second Amendment. The recent Supreme Court decisions reinforced this fact, but I believed that this was the case prior to those decisions.

While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe it is possible to strike a reasonable balance. However, the appropriate balance may not be the same in every part of the country, where different communities face different law enforcement realities or challenges. Regulations that are sensible in Brooklyn may be overly restrictive in Buffalo, and vice-versa.

Concealed carry reciprocity would require any state that issues a concealed carry permit to recognize permits issued by other states. In other words, an individual from a state with more permissive concealed carry laws than New York could bring their firearm into our state with no restrictions. Bills containing concealed carry reciprocity have not yet come up for consideration in the Senate, but when it does I will work with my colleagues to protect the rights of gun owners while respecting the rights of each state to determine how best to protect its citizens.

Finally, you may be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns. For example, in the 109th Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.

Thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can ever be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter.

COOKIE CUTTER, insert first line and hit send.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Dear Mr. Faith:

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control legislation. Like you, I believe the right to bear arms is guaranteed by the Constitution's Second Amendment. The recent Supreme Court decisions reinforced this fact, but I believed that this was the case prior to those decisions.

While I certainly respect the Second Amendment to the Constitution, I believe that we have a collective interest in keeping guns out of the hands of those who want to harm the innocent. I believe it is possible to strike a reasonable balance. I have long advocated for faster and more accurate background checks so legal purchasers can receive their guns quickly while ensuring criminals do not illegally purchase and possess firearms. In 2011, I proposed S. 436, the Fix Gun Checks Act to provide more funding to states to compile required background data for the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). This legislation builds on the National Rifle Association-supported NICS Improvements Amendment Act, passed by Congress in 2007. Ensuring that this information is comprehensive and up to date will protect law enforcement from criminals with illegally obtained weapons while speeding up the process for purchasing legal firearms.

You may also be pleased to know that I have successfully fought to create new opportunities for law abiding citizens to exercise their right to use guns. For example, in the 109th Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
YEP!!! I received the same drivvle last year in response to an Email I sent to Chucky-Boy!!
He is a lying, useless piece of **** that should be thrown out with the trash! Unfortunately he will be back in office next time he is up for re-election! That's the way our political system in this sorry state works! People are just voting for whoever will give them the most frrebies!!
It really sucks and we are stuck with it!
RANT OFF!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
yeah i just got one of these auto responces from sen. brown in MA, im moving there in a few weeks and figured id stir the pot alittle about the ATT lol !!!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Chucky said:
in the 109th Congress, I secured federal money to expand the scarce hunting grounds in New York State by creating a financial incentive for private landowners to allow hunters access to their property.
Scarce hunting grounds? Must be talking hunting on that that island connected to NJ? There are MILLIONS of acres of state land open for hunting in NY!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I got that same exact letter twice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have the same letter as the OP from Schumer's office. Nothing but form letter garbage. I also went through the Dick Morris website regarding the UN treaty so Senator Gillibrand and Representative Engel were sent letters as well. I got a form response from Gillibrand's office that reads:

Thank you for contacting my office. Your thoughts and concerns are very important to me and you will receive a more detailed response shortly. I sincerely appreciate your patience in waiting for this response, as our mail volume is often significant.
If this is a request for assistance with a federal agency or an immigration case, please contact my casework staff directly by phone at (212) 688-6262.
Thank you again for contacting my office.

That was on July 16 and I have yet to receive "a more detailed response". I have heard absolutely nothing at all from Engel's office.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Everything Schmucky Schumer does fits a template - the man has not had a proactive or original idea in his entire career. Every year during graduation time he travels to colleges and universities (sometimes uninvited and unannounced), gives the same 5 minute class warfare collectivist clap-trap speech (you are lucky if you make x amount of dollars despite your situation and should be happy to pay more in taxes so we can redistribute for education, etc) and then leaves immediately after. He would confiscate every single gun from us if he could.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts