New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking Up a Non Resident Permit. Put it off too long.

Going Down to Lackawanna County. Nice little ride I hope.

Anything I should know or you would like to see in the FAQ?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Thats my this week Journey also..please update with the hopes of simplicity as all previous posts.. I was thinking of waiting til they caught that scumbag hiding out in the woods, i figure a majority of their men and women are alittle preoccupied..

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Take your passport citizen.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Don't forget the name, address & phone # of your two references (that won't be checked). Drivers license and $20. Oh, it is extremely important to remember to bring your smile. Cause when you leave there, you're going to be grinning from ear to ear ;) At the same time you'll be cursing NYS. Have fun in a free, shall issue state.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just crossed the border into PA. More than halfway there so far. Been easy up to this point. Well beyond the fact the McDonald's McFlurry machine was busted at the place I am stopped at. :(

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Timeline up till 330pm we can go they said

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
What happened to Darth?? They toss you in da clink?? 20mins my tail...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Got caught bringing back high-cap assault magazine cip clipazines assault clips.

JK. we are law abiding subjects around these parts. Let us know what freedom tastes like Darth!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back in prison.

I'll post more later, not on my phone, but suffice it to say:

N.Y.hates guns more than you know.

PA DOT should be fired immediately.

People still need to learn to keep their pie holes shut around cops.

And it took 362 days, 23 hours and 30 minutes less to get a PA permit.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Back in prison.

I'll post more later, not on my phone, but suffice it to say:

ooooo the suspense is tantilizingly killing me..due to Darths encrypted wordage...i aint goin today til i hear the experience.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ooooo the suspense is tantilizingly killing me..due to Darths encrypted wordage...i aint goin today til i hear the experience.
Go.

Nothing about the process was bad, just getting to it was a pita.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got my PA permit in Lackawanna as well, on the 18th, the day they were burying the fatally shot trooper. still only took 19 minutes start to finish, and the officer didnt charge me, he forgot. i had to remind him to take the money

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Go.

Nothing about the process was bad, just getting to it was a pita.
Il be leaving strait from work 130..just lil less then 2 hours for me but 330 is the cutoff..sooo Darth, i ask u this.. Was there construction or any other things that would snag me in timing? (Obviously not knowing bout accidents on Weds) but overall 84 drive?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Il be leaving strait from work 130..just lil less then 2 hours for me but 33 is the cutoff..sooo Darth, i ask u this.. Was there construction or any other things that would snag me in timing? (Obviously not knowing bout accidents on Weds) but overall 84 drive?
!!!!!!!

WE HAVE A WHNNAH!

To elaborate on my points now that I'm home:

Back in prison.
Ok, that's a bit harsh. Prison isn't as bad as NY. In prison, prisoners aren't tasked with paying for other, lazier prisoners.

Shocker. But anyway, the attitude in the Sheriff's office in PA is literally STACKS of applications for you to grab, officers explaining everything, a DEDICATED WINDOW for CCW permits, and even a few words from the cops encouraging people to own firearms.

This is the big one. So, all goes well until I need to get off of 81 South into Scranton. I needed to get off an exit that physically existed, but you wouldn't know that from the barricade they put in front of it, with NO marking as to a detour, and the best part, no marking it was an exit! If I didn't catch part of a trash-bag covered sign that told me of the road the exit lead to, I would have just kept driving. Ok, so I can't go there...and there is no detour. So I try the next exit. I **** you not, in the middle of the circular off ramp (I'm still going a good 50...no posted construction speed limits) pops out a TRAKHOE, in the middle of the road. No sign man, no "road closed" signs (which I thought I may have missed considering the appearance of a trackhoe in my path that I need to slam on the brakes for), and no...anything really. So I wait for this piece of construction equipment to move and continue on.

Note, this was after...you remember I posted my McDonalds comment earlier? Well, I sort of made an oopsie there. I plugged in a McD point of interest into my GPS, but ended up not going to that one. So I leave that McD (WITHOUT MY McFLURRY!) and get back on 81. Well, I get on it in the wrong direction. DAMN! Now I have to go the next exit and U turn. SO I do. And guess what? The GPS was still set to that McD I didn't go to, so I WAS heading in the right direction when I got back on! Now I have to get off at the original exit, U turn AGAIN, and head BACK past the exit I already passed! xD Not really PA's fault that one, but cost me about 20 minutes.

Why do people lose their sensibility around cops? In the Sheriff's office, the girl before me is getting a PA resident permit. Cool. (NOTE: If there is someone before you, it will NOT take 15 minutes. It will take 30+. They do a regular NICS check on everyone, and the lines were all busy today for the lady and me. Must be that decline in gun purchasing). However, instead of waiting patiently, she says "Yeah, I want to get my Carry permit (talking to the cop doing the permits), because right now I just have my rifle at my house and when I had one guy come onto my property I BANGED THE RIFLE ON THE GROUND 3 TIMES and said 'If ya don't leave my property within 30 seconds, I'ma shoot!'...but he was drunk." What!? The amount of stuff wrong with that statement is astonishing...not sure it would fly in NY when applying for a permit. xD
And no parking ticket, despite letting the meter run out.

On the license it says for "Reason: Self Defense". You know, that evil "DON'T SAY THAT OR YOU'LL GET DENIED" thing in NY? There is a box on the application, just check as many as you want. The first one is Self Defense.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Very excellent tale..much appreciated..all n all though, not any major slow down construction on the Journey? i will keep extra care when i get to that BS garbage bag blowin sign lol! Aand il goto Burger King and get my M and M sundae instead..hehe FUMCD broken machhheeens!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fun little aside, heading back up into NY, on 88, there are 2 consecutive signs on the side of the road.

"Welcome to NY!"

Followed by:

"No Public Use!" (In reference to a nearby truck weigh station.

To which I think, does that mean "The Public has no use for NY" (Yes) or "The Public may not use anything in NY" (Yes.)

Damn ambiguity!

1 - 20 of 270 Posts