New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I pray for the victim (owner) to speedy recovery. This is the only way to stop this madness. That cried baby is hilarious.LOL. The only thing went wrong was that the owner missed the center mass. Still a good shot under these circumstances when someone was aiming an AR at him. Someone please buy this owner a beer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Until we know for sure, most folks thing it was probably bird shot, which is a very poor round at anything but very, very close up. The bad guy basically panicked as he certainly wasn't immobilized. Despite shotgun mythology, most trainers recommend the better lower recoil, tactically oriented 00 rounds.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Until we know for sure, most folks thing it was probably bird shot, which is a very poor round at anything but very, very close up. The bad guy basically panicked as he certainly wasn't immobilized. Despite shotgun mythology, most trainers recommend the better lower recoil, tactically oriented 00 rounds.
We trained for 15 yards and less with Federal 00 Buck Tactical. Bird shot is effective at under 10 yards using a standard low brass #8 shot.
00 Buck at that distance would cause significant damage. The bad guy had the ability to hold onto his AR and retreat. He and his crew weren’t determined criminals as we watched them run away going to a hospital.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could not make out what the owner was using. It looks like a level action. 30-30 will tear your arm off when hits at the right spot. A shot gun with a cylinder choke would caused a huge damage at that distant either with a 00 or #4 shots. None the less, one for the good guy.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I could not make out what the owner was using. It looks like a level action. 30-30 will tear your arm off when hits at the right spot. A shot gun with a cylinder choke would caused a huge damage at that distant either with a 00 or #4 shots. None the less, one for the good guy.
Last hunting season my friend used a 30-30 Winchester 94 with 150 grain soft point ammunition. He shot an 8 point buck at 20 yards in the neck. The bullet didn’t exit. This is why the old time hunters use the 170 grain bullets to penetrate.
If that was a 30-30 used. He would’ve dropped his rifle from the impact. A bullet going over 2,100 FPS is going to generate hydrostatic shock.
People are suggesting it was bird shot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yessir!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts