New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my pistol permit application from Chemung County. I started the process and realized i have no idea who to use for references. I only really know my family. And it explicitly says to not use family. The question is....How distant is too distant for family...cousins? Step-Brothers? My wife's sister? Can i use these?

I do have 2 old friends that would do it for me. The problem is...they both have felonys of burglary. But i dont want to use them in case they check the history of my references? They are known in this county and i dont think that would be a good idea. But again i dont know the process of the pistol permit and how in depth they go into the refs.

I have friends of the family, but they are all on my dads side. And my dad is complete anti-gun. Im sure if i would use them, they would lie just to stop another permit from getting out.

So i have been going in circles trying to find refs that would do this for me. Are there any ideas on this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have come up with references. It is going to be a PITA getting their signatures. I have to mail out my application to them to get their signatures, (for each reference too). They are mostly pasters and church folks. I have to mail it to each one and get it back and mail it to the next one. Wow.

Does it matter that they live in different states?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.