New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered some lead bullets the other day to start loading 40 s&w for some plinking and when the mailman delivered my bullets I got the rest of the mail. I started to sort through when I saw an envelope from the Ontario County Clerks. I tore it open to find a Full Carry / No Restriction NYS PISTOL PERMIT!!!! I couldn't be happier. I immediately went to Beikirchs and bought my first handgun, a Sig Sauer P229r chambered in 40s&w.
Furniture Musical instrument Wood Orange Guitar New baby on the side stand

Important dates

Application submitted to Ontario County - 1/20/2012

Sheriff's called about references - 6/12/2012

Received permit in the mail - 7/10/2012

Total time to receive my permit was 5 months, 20 days.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
sigs are nice! once im no longer able to get LEO pricing on glocks ill be buying one!

Congrats BTW!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice deal. my wife submitted her app in december just before january and she got her calls last week. Another month or so! yeah?! she will be about 8 months. Since she is self employed she had to give some clients names and a neighbor. we didnt like that idea. we dont deal with neighbors and like it that way. more less getting a call about a reference.......Im sure they can say for a gun permit but still. Didnt care for that but, its the hoop we had to jump through.

congrads on the permit now go fill it up!! LOL

sig 229 are nice. we looked at them their too. hoping that is the sig she picks...she is not sure which but she wants a sig. definately a mosquito but something bigger too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi everyone,

I also just received my full carry from Ontario co.

My dates were as follows

Application submitted to Ontario County - 1/3/2012

Sheriff's called about references - 6/8/2012

Received permit in the mail - 9/10/2012

Total time to receive my permit was about 8months

1 - 8 of 8 Posts