New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking about getting some tru-glo TFO's installed on one of my M&P's. I found a place that i could send the slide out and purchase/have them installed for 90 bucks which includes shipping back. Turn around time is only 24 hours i guess but i was wondering if there was anyplace local that sells/installs them.

thanks,
Justin

· Registered
3,865 Posts
Call Mike at MTM. He just replaced the front sight on my Ruger with a Hi Viz for 40 bucks, I dropped it off and picked it up.
Home Page

· Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
I did my own install of TFOs on my xD. Getting the old rear sight off was the most difficult part. Springfield must push them in with hydraulic power. I had to resort to a BFH and punch to move it, that rear sight laughed at a sight pusher. Does the $90 only cover the install? That's pretty steep. I paid $75 retail for my sights new in package so maybe the $90 covers the cost plus install? BTW, you will love the sights, they pop right out in daylight plus have tritium for low/no light.

· Registered
698 Posts
Many of the gun shows have someone who does them. I know my local gander mountain does but i dont like dealing with them~

· Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did my own install of TFOs on my xD. Getting the old rear sight off was the most difficult part. Springfield must push them in with hydraulic power. I had to resort to a BFH and punch to move it, that rear sight laughed at a sight pusher. Does the $90 only cover the install? That's pretty steep. I paid $75 retail for my sights new in package so maybe the $90 covers the cost plus install? BTW, you will love the sights, they pop right out in daylight plus have tritium for low/no light.
Yes $90 bucks covers the cost of the sights, installation, and return shipping.

I know Jackson's installs sights. They installed my Heinies on my Glocks & M&P's.
Did you purchase the sights from them? If so did they include installation or was that an extra charge?

· Super Moderator
3,277 Posts
Yes $90 bucks covers the cost of the sights, installation, and return shipping.
That's a really good price with all that included. If they are known for good work, I'd be real tempted to let them do it.

· Registered
2,689 Posts
I had Fred at American Sportsman install mine the last time. He charged me $20 or $25 and did a great job. One day turn around if I remember correctly.

I've also had them done at Beikirch's in the past, but they said something along the lines of "we don't really install handgun sights but I'll see what I can do...". The job there was bad, but they blamed the sights and I tend to agree, so I won't fault them on it, and they didn't charge me as a result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.