New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I live in Orange County and I was recently issued my non-resident permit for the state of FL. I've signed up to get fingerprinted for my NY one, but in the meantime, I'm now going for my non-resident Connecticut permit. Anyone here know if CT will accept the NY Handgun Safety Course as training to send in with their application? I've asked on a CT forum and got mixed responses.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would suggest calling the licensing authority in the state of Connecticut, in order to get the most accurate information .

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Connecticut non resident carry permit and also a NYS carry permit. From what I remember, the course I took for the NYS CCW would not be accepted by Connecticut since it did not involve live fire exercises. I took the NRA Defensive course and submitted it with my non resident Florida permit ( I hadn't received my NYS permit at the time). I received my Connecticut permit in about 4 months.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have a Connecticut non resident carry permit and also a NYS carry permit. From what I remember, the course I took for the NYS CCW would not be accepted by Connecticut since it did not involve live fire exercises. I took the NRA Defensive course and submitted it with my non resident Florida permit ( I hadn't received my NYS permit at the time). I received my Connecticut permit in about 4 months.
It has to be a NFA basic pistol saftey course or deep course from conn

·
Registered
75 Posts
The course needs to entail live fire, such as the new NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting. The NYS home/pistol safety course will not count.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts