·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Balls don't lie?

Anywho...yep, more dumb school regulations. I went into high school wearing a T-shirt one time (Now I only wear polos xD) that was plain brown and not too out of the ordinary. Apparently somewhere on it it said "brew". Walking in the halls before class some ASSistant principal stopped me and said "WTF are you wearing!?"..."A shirt and shorts?" and it went on until I figured out it said "brew" and at the time it took me a while to figure out that might mean "beer". He let me go "with a warning", but he deserved a good slap upside the head, because looking back on it, brew means lots of stuff. Hell, I could "brew" a pot of coffee.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol gotta love schools and their "important" rules. when i was a senior me and a bunch of other guys on the football team shaved our heads the week of home comming and the administration wanted to suspend us because they thought we were skinheads !!!! after alot of parent outrage they let us stay in class and take part in the activities( i got suspended for my foul language towords my principal the following week however lol) oh well what are ya gonna do ?

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Balls don't lie?

Anywho...yep, more dumb school regulations. I went into high school wearing a T-shirt one time (Now I only wear polos xD) that was plain brown and not too out of the ordinary. Apparently somewhere on it it said "brew". Walking in the halls before class some ASSistant principal stopped me and said "WTF are you wearing!?"..."A shirt and shorts?" and it went on until I figured out it said "brew" and at the time it took me a while to figure out that might mean "beer". He let me go "with a warning", but he deserved a good slap upside the head, because looking back on it, brew means lots of stuff. Hell, I could "brew" a pot of coffee.
Around here it would be more like brewing up a batch of meth....
(I really don't know the terminology is it a batch?)

My school had house principals since it was a fairly large school, so there was one per grade level. 9,10,11,12. My house principal saw me wearing a "to write love on her arms" shirt(in short its a group that helps people who are suicidal/is trying to help with suicide prevention) and he asked what my shirt meant. I explained it then he told me not to wear it again. I still don't understand why it was such a problem... it was something to raise awareness/help people but they wanted nothing of it in the school.

Also what made even less sense was my friend who was walking next to me was wearing a Guinness shirt which was against what was written in the school handbook but left him alone and didn't say anything about it to him.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Another sad case of a tool bag with a little bit of authority and they think they are the Lord Emperor of all Time. Dad needs to walk into school with a lawyer and have a chat about what goes. The tool bag is not used to people questioning him (rather like a bully) and will back down when people stand up to him.

·
Registered
982 Posts
That is indeed a stupid reaction to a haircut.

One day, when I was a senior in 1985, I wore my "If you're not into oral sex, keep your mouth shut" shirt to school. One teacher said that was the 'most disgusting shirt she had ever seen'. She was ugly so I thanked her and we went about our days. After school, I went out to my unlocked truck with the guns in the rear window rack, and went home. Nobody got hurt all day. Those were sad sad times.

The tool bag is not used to people questioning him (rather like a bully) and will back down when people stand up to him.
We have the "No Bullying" rules and such at our school. One of my friends is the pricipal in one of the buildings. She said she gets to be the biggest bully in the place and that keeps the other bullies in line. She also had a decent collection of confiscated knives in her desk. HAHA

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Schools are all about conformity and fitting in, they prefer students to be as robotic as possible. Most schools discourage free-thinking and innovating, a large part of the reason why creativity is falling by the wayside throughout the US. Lawsuits and overzealous soccer moms have also had a huge negative impact on school policies and curriculums.

Whoever did the haircut was quite talented, that's a work of art. Looks exactly like Matt Bonner, who is an orange-haired Ginger just like the kid in the article.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If that was me being threatened with suspension, I would have the stylist change it so that I had giant testicles on my head—then see if the principal approved of it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My higschool tried to suspend me for wearing a t-shirt that had a tractor outline and said "*******" on it.
They said that it was inappropriate and offensive. I told the principal I wont wear the shirt when he starts writing up all the black kids for using the "n" word.
I hate double standards.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Another sad case of a tool bag with a little bit of authority and they think they are the Lord Emperor of all Time.
But enough about Michael Bloomberg. *ba dum tish*

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We had a rule of "no jackets" in school, that is not to be worn to class, only kept in lockers, I have no idea why that rule was in effect but anyways.....

I had a flannel shirt type thing that had a zipper on it, I wasn't sure if it was a jacket or not it honestly looked more to me like someone took the buttons off a button up flannel and sewed a zipper into it, so here I am wearing it all day in school, no one bothers me, second to last period the room was a bit chilly so I zipped it up, the teacher heard the zipping noise and with an expression of I guess horror would be the word exclaims "IS THAT A JACKET??!?!?!?!?"

So here I am at 13 years old dragged into the hallway and interrogated by 3 or 4 teachers as to why I was wearing a jacket and what I was doing with it, so being confused as all hell and feeling pretty intimidated I went into ******* mode and proceeded to give them as much bull**** as I could right back, and the conversation ended up being why this shirt was considered a jacket, they told me it was because it had a zipper, and I said "So do my pants I'm I'm not taking them off you (derogatory term for a homosexual man)!" which is funny cuz all the teachers were female, anyway yea, big argument, a suspension and a permanent prejudice against any and all middle school/high school teachers all resulted because of basically a zipper.....

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
In HS I once got in trouble for having a shirt with a skull on it. The principle's reasoning that because nazi's put skulls on the side of their gas chambers, I was somehow promoting nazism.

I'm not even ****ting you.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
In HS I once got in trouble for having a shirt with a skull on it. The principle's reasoning that because nazi's put skulls on the side of their gas chambers, I was somehow promoting nazism.

I'm not even ****ting you.
Surprised people don't get suspended for wearing crucifixes. Nazis DID use an iron Cross...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts