New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting home and around 9:30 pm I heard a noise and a man yell. My block has a good number of people walking down it and sometimes it gets rowdy so i initially just thought it was people playing around which happens. More yelling, Including "help" so i went to check it out. By the time i got to my fire escape i saw an older black guy picking himself off the ground yelling for help and the police. He also said something like "you think thats funny im going to get you" and and i heard what sounded like people running away laughing. I asked him if he needed help and he said yes. I asked him if he wanted me to call the police and he said yes. so i did. I didn't have many details so i told dispatch a man was on my street yelling for help and the police and since he was hobbling he might be injured". They showed up but by the time they did the guy wandered away.

Point of the story: 911 gets a call of a possibly injured man screaming for help in the street. no other details... IT TOOK CLOSE TO 5 MINUTES FOR THE COPS TO ARRIVE! and i live in a busy area.

Guy could have been bleeding to death or still being attacked. Even in a city as populated as NYC, with cops almost ever present the old saying "when seconds count the police are minutes away" holds very true...

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Just gotta fire two blasts.......

Just goes to show, depend on yourself. Not others.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Yeah, and isn't it great that our liberal brethren are so delusional that they think they can urinate on themselves or vomit to deter an attacker? I'd love to see one of them try that out. I'll stick with my firearms thanks. Of course, only inside my home I'm permitted to protect myself, since my county deems me not "responsible" enough to carry outside. Oh yeah, apparently I'm not social enough to own a handgun because I don't have 4 friends for references too.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Yeah, and isn't it great that our liberal brethren are so delusional that they think they can urinate on themselves or vomit to deter an attacker? I'd love to see one of them try that out. I'll stick with my firearms thanks. Of course, only inside my home I'm permitted to protect myself, since my county deems me not "responsible" enough to carry outside. Oh yeah, apparently I'm not social enough to own a handgun because I don't have 4 friends for references too.
Really? Better make some friends!

·
Registered
6,159 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
You should be ashamed of yourself....why didn't you get out the shotgun and fire it into the air or through the door.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Do others on here live in the same town as you? Just a thought.....or maybe see if there are any pro-2A Facebook groups for your area.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Did the NYPD try to smuggle the guns out of your house?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wow 5 minutes is fast. I called 911 a few years ago because a drunk lady was going through my car and trying to get in my house and they said sorry we don't have any officers in your area right now. They called back 45 minutes later asking if I still needed help. I have a city pd, county sherrif and state troopers barracks all within 6 or 7 miles from my house.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
I am shocked it took 5 minutes, I would thin 30-40 is more the norm there.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did the NYPD try to smuggle the guns out of your house?
Ha! No, but i stood on my fire escape with 3 cops shining their flashlights on me. I felt like one wrong move and i could have been in the papers... Its funny dispatch doesn't give the ground troops any info just an address. they had no idea what was going on or who they should be looking for.

I am shocked it took 5 minutes, I would thin 30-40 is more the norm there.
Like i said i live in a busy area. there are cops everywhere. There are 2 rather large housing projects down the block so unmarked cars are ubiquitous. Kings County Supreme Court is a few blocks away as is the Brooklyn detention center.... 5 minutes is not a good response time at all.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
If I lived in NYC I'd have Bloomberg's cell phone number on my Bat phone speed dial.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
My first semester going to ECC, I was in the books store picking up my books and some guy comes in with a sawed off 12ga. He tires to rob the place but the clerk couldn't open the register due to the manager having the only code to open it with out a sale. BTW on a side note the manager took off out the back door when he heard the guy in the store. Guy gets mad puts two rounds into the ceiling and another into the register. He then runs out, cops never caught him. Took the police 20mins to respond and the station is maybe 6 miles from ECC.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts