New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the latest on HR822 ( H.R. 822, would allow any person with a valid state-issued concealed firearm permit to carry a concealed handgun in any other state that issues concealed firearm permits) I have not read anything new on this in over a month so I guess it has been buried by the gun hating politicians of the left!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I remember reading something last week about a Senator putting the Bill on hold as a result of the Sanford FL incident. Trying to find out now...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I wish they would take the stand against other lobby groups from big corps. Might make this nation a little bit better of a place to live. But they won't can't anger the hand that feeds them.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Somewhere in here is a good lesson on our political system.
The voters kicked out Nancy Pelosi's majority in the House in November of 2010 (except in NY which has been stuck on stupid)
In the US Senate the Democrats hold a slim lead making them the majority.
As the majority they get to pick the leadership. Harry Reid and Chuckie Schmer.
Reid and Schumer control what gets voted on and what doesn't.
The bill will die in their Senate.

In NY State the Republicans hold a slim majority in the Senate and the Democrats hold a pretty big majority in the ASSembly.
The Assembly is lead by Anti Gunner Sheldon Silver who will not let any progun bills be voted on and the Senate will not let any anti gun bills be voted on.

IF the Democrats win a majority in the NY Senate we as gun owners are doomed.

We as gun owners also get a chance to send a very important message to Chuckie Schumer by firing his fellow democrat Kristen Gildebran who is up for election in November.
My guess is however that NY voters will continue to be "stuck on stupid" and voter her back in.

The Time to Register to VOTE is NOW.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
^ It's because politics has little to do with smarts anymore. It has everything to do with "money money moneeeyyy, money."

I bet if you told her that you have a billon dollars to donate to her next election campaign she would see it the way you do.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If we could get our gov to not let lobbyist groups donte money to campaigns anymore, most everything would be based on facts vs greed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts