New York Firearms Forum banner

H&K Semi-Auto G36 Coming Soon to the Civilian Market?

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  DunGoterDid 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Broome Co Sheriffs utilize these as their patrol rifles. Super fun to play with on the range since they are unbelievably light recoiling which makes them very controllable on full auto. They are super expensive and the only reason that Broome could afford them is because another dept across the country was dumping them and could not find a buyer. Because of that Broome got them at 25% of what they normally cost, helluva deal.

#5 ·
The picture on the website stated .223 and probably expensive.

#6 ·
From the comments following the article, "...and in other news, Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein had an unexpected and uncontrollable bowl movement...". Sadly Shumer and Gilabran did not!
Never thought much of the .223, but everything H&K does is top notch. 'IF' I was a young guy, and 'IF' they offered it in 6.8, and 'IF' I lived in the former United States of America, I'd be saving my nickles and dimes!:)
Robin

#7 ·
I would putting a deposit down right now on one of these rifles. IF I wasn't living in a state that thinks they are the people's republic of China. I hate these politicians with all my heart. I try not to use hate because its a very strong feeling but in this case, I will make an exception.

#16 ·
We already have a version of the G36 here in the states. It's been uglified, but none the less, we have one. And it's expensive as ****.

The HK G36 and HK416 use the same gas piston unit. The G36, however, has polymer everything... much of the receiver internals are polymer, and although the stuff has proven itself with pistol frames, etc, I'm not sure I want it used for operational components. But since you can't buy either right now anyway, you could get the MR 556 which is more or less an HK 416, but not full auto (and a few other subtle differences that don't make a difference in reliability).

If that's still too expensive for you, you could just go ahead and get the FN SCAR. Their bolt assembly is virtually identical to that of the G36/416/MR556, and IMO, the operating rod is superior.

The G36 is cool as hell looking, but I think I'd have to pass, personally... Price aside, I draw the line at polymer internals.

#17 ·
We already have a version of the G36 here in the states. It's been uglified, but none the less, we have one. And it's expensive as ****.

The HK G36 and HK416 use the same gas piston unit. The G36, however, has polymer everything... much of the receiver internals are polymer, and although the stuff has proven itself with pistol frames, etc, I'm not sure I want it used for operational components. But since you can't buy either right now anyway, you could get the MR 556 which is more or less an HK 416, but not full auto (and a few other subtle differences that don't make a difference in reliability).

If that's still too expensive for you, you could just go ahead and get the FN SCAR. Their bolt assembly is virtually identical to that of the G36/416/MR556, and IMO, the operating rod is superior.

The G36 is cool as hell looking, but I think I'd have to pass, personally... Price aside, I draw the line at polymer internals.
I'm really not a fan of polymer anything. I like my guns with wood and metal thanks. I also only have 1 polymer pistol...had a few and replaced them with metal ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.