147 Posts
Spectacular. More fuel for the fire.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Head of Bacon Operations
3,589 Posts
Should this be in the gardening thread? Clearly, there is a breed of bush that grows guns. And wow, it took everything I had to keep this post PG rated.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
What a fing idiot. Had to get into the bar that bad?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I was in NYC last year, not carrying a firearm, but I was carrying my Benchmade folder. We were taking some international friends sight-seeing, and that included a stop at the Statue of Liberty. While waiting in line to buy tickets, I noticed signs saying "TSA-Style Security Ahead". I asked at the ticket counter and was told I couldn't take a knife to the Statue of Liberty. I asked if they would hold it for me and they said no, that my only choice was to go find a spot to bury it, and get it when I came back.

Straight face, no joke.

I said that was ridiculous and I wasn't going to do that, and the guy was like, lots of people do that, its the only way. So I had some really good pizza across the street while our guests went to the statue.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I was in NYC last year, not carrying a firearm, but I was carrying my Benchmade folder. We were taking some international friends sight-seeing, and that included a stop at the Statue of Liberty. While waiting in line to buy tickets, I noticed signs saying "TSA-Style Security Ahead". I asked at the ticket counter and was told I couldn't take a knife to the Statue of Liberty. I asked if they would hold it for me and they said no, that my only choice was to go find a spot to bury it, and get it when I came back.

Straight face, no joke.

I said that was ridiculous and I wasn't going to do that, and the guy was like, lots of people do that, its the only way. So I had some really good pizza across the street while our guests went to the statue.
Just a bunch of freaking stairs anyways...lol

·
Registered
387 Posts

Straight face, no joke.

Same thing for me when I visited D.C. and wanted to visit Smithsonian. Take it out and hide it is what the "TSA style" security guard said.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i went up the empire state building last winter. They held my knife and gave me a little ticket to retrieve it on the way down. It was a 12 dollar knife and i would have tossed it if i had to, but no problems.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
i've done this with things before, like drinks.
couldn't imagine doing it with a pistol though! [email protected]

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I often look at my gun as a stack of money. Between purchase, ammo & pre ban mag, It's a $600 stack. Tell me, if you had $600, would you just leave it in a bush? Sometimes I feel as though there should be standardized testing, I don't care what the constitution says, SOME people just shouldn't have a gun

·
Registered
712 Posts
Shoulda locked the bush...then he'd never have had this problem! I always lock my bushes when I put my gun in them to go DRINKIN in a bar and THEN go back and carry a gun.

Everyone knows to Lock you bushes.....jeeesh....

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think I found the idiots childhood picture:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Back when I was underage I went to a punk concert and they wouldn't let anybody in the venue with cigarettes for some reason and since you wouldn't find this out until you were at the entrance people would just throw them in the bushes. My friends and I saw this and had the bright idea to leave the show 20 minutes early and ended up scoring about a carton worth each.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Straight face, no joke.

But guys, how is that a violation of the 4th amendment? Like with flying, simply don't fly. And if you want to see the nation's foremost landmark, just don't see it.

That is what drives me nuts with people that say "TSA is not a violation of the 4th amendment because you can simply not fly." Yeah...until they pull this "TSA Style" crap in other places...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts