New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last thing in the world that I am is a rat. That being said, I was about to buy a "Pre Ban" AR on gunsamerica. I contacted Armalite (who bought out Eagle Arms) to check on the serial #. It turns out that it is a Post Ban rifle.

That being said, I reported the abuse to gunsamerica. Well wouldn't you know it, reporting abuse is not anonymous. I got this e mail today from the seller.

Hi Steve,

I do not understand why you would put in a abuse report on guns america, we
were told it was a preban, then you called and got one year, we called
Armilite yesterday and got a year of 1995 for the Eagle Arms. So obviously
Armalite clearly does not even know what year it was made. The post was
changed yesterday with no pre ban on it, and the price changed
accordingly.

Kelly

Why would I report it as an abuse? Because you are selling a Post Ban rifle with "Evil Features" as a "Pre Ban" rifle, and that is a FELONY in NYS. The seller even admits in the above e mail that they called and "got a date of 1995." Ummmm...the AWB was in effect last I checked.

I feel like I did something wrong.

Way to go Guns America!!

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Why don't you reply to her and explain why you reported instead of complaining here? Maybe that way they'll be more careful and do their homework.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Jeff. I wasn't trying to come off like I was complaining. Just trying to give everyone a heads up that there are lots of scammers out there. They knew it was Post Ban and still tried to pass it still tried to sell it as Pre Ban anyway.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...done.....

"Kelly

It is a FELONY to own a Post Ban rifle in NYS with "Evil Features." I was about to pay a premium for a "Post Ban" rifle that was being marketed as a Pre Ban and that is just not cool. "

The major problem I do have with this is gunsamerica throwing me under the bus. I would hate to see someone less informed by this and lose money or worse...get arrested.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I actually enjoyed your "rant" and I'm glad you posted it on a firearms discussion forum. It's the experiences of others that are shared amongst the community that help educate other local gun owners of various issues to look out for. I would say no apology needed.

It was a good idea to respond to her and explain why you reported her listing. Gunsamerica should have some sort of privacy disclosure when it comes to reporting abuse. You're only helping others by preventing a possible bad situation.

@ Jeff: I understand that you're a "forum administrator" here, but this type of post is something that should be encouraged, and not discouraged as it's a situation for discussion, about gun sales, on a gun forum.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Jeff's right when he says you should tell her why you reported it. On the other hand, I get why Steve-o posted the incident here. GunsAmerica shouldn't be doing that and it's very cool of Steve-o to make us aware of it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scars....I already replied to her. Her it is from above. Waiting to see what she has to say now. I was just calling a Spade a Spade. When I tried to let them know, they left it up. Thus the report to Gunsamerica.

Ok...done.....

"Kelly

It is a FELONY to own a Post Ban rifle in NYS with "Evil Features." I was about to pay a premium for a "Post Ban" rifle that was being marketed as a Pre Ban and that is just not cool. "

The major problem I do have with this is gunsamerica throwing me under the bus. I would hate to see someone less informed by this and lose money or worse...get arrested.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Scars....I already replied to her. Her it is from above. Waiting to see what she has to say now. I was just calling a Spade a Spade. When I tried to let them know, they left it up. Thus the report to Gunsamerica.
Cool, when I posted my reply, your comment about replying wasn't up there yet. My apologies.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No worries. I just want to make sure that nobody gets screwed. I am thinking about changing my name to Captain Good Guy, or maybe Pre Ban Freak.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
That's really good of you. Had I been in the market for a preban, I probably wouldn't have double checked the date on it and I could have easily bought a post-ban gun without knowing it. Hopefully you've saved a few people a trip to a NY gulag. Then again, I refuse to buy a gun that's more limited than other people in the same country. I know, I know, it means they win, but I just can't spend $1000+ on a rifle that isn't exactly as I want it.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts

The post was
changed yesterday with no pre ban on it, and the price changed
accordingly.

Kelly

Why would I report it as an abuse? Because you are selling a Post Ban rifle with "Evil Features" as a "Pre Ban" rifle, and that is a FELONY in NYS. The seller even admits in the above e mail that they called and "got a date of 1995." Ummmm...the AWB was in effect last I checked.

Way to go Guns America!!
Sounds fishy to me,they did not know how much the gun was worth when they aquired it????Or did they think they got a steal on pre-ban when they got it.....Like I said a lil fishy to me and got there hand caught in the cookie jar IMO,cant take no-ones word for it any more...These laws are just making people more money and as you can see can put an honest person trying to abide the law in the pen!!

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Cool, when I posted my reply, your comment about replying wasn't up there yet. My apologies.
Me too. Sharing experiences on the forum is good. Just doesnt accomplish as much as also explaining why you reported it directly to her which it didnt sound like happened until later.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tried to let the seller know that it was not Pre Ban and they left it up as such. I contacted them and they left it as such. I felt that I had no option but to report it to GA.com so that nobody got F'ed. I am more upset the GA gave me up for dropping a dime, then I am with them. Thankfully, I did my homework before purchasing it and did not get ____ed. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts