New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/28/u...will-there-are-ways.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

"The slim, black 9-millimeter handguns that the school superintendent David Hopkins selected for his teachers here weigh about a pound and slip easily into a pocket. Sixteen people, including the janitor and a kindergarten teacher, wear them to school every day. Although state law prohibits guns on campus, Mr. Hopkins found a way around it."

Now this is MY definition of Common Sense.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The teacher quoted at the end of the article is about as closed-minded as they come. Apparently, educators with over 60 hrs of firearms training, CCW permits, and annual recertifications are "relatively untrained" and will be shot by the very students they're trying to protect with their own guns because they gave out an F.

Because students just do that.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
The teacher quoted at the end of the article is about as closed-minded as they come. Apparently, educators with over 60 hrs of firearms training, CCW permits, and annual recertifications are "relatively untrained" and will be shot by the very students they're trying to protect with their own guns because they gave out an F.

Because students just do that.
Do these people realize how idiotic they sound. Ya right, a teacher gives a student an F and student takes teachers gun and shoots. What a bunch of crap. If these people believe what they say, they are truly f***ed in the head. But then again it is said that liberalism is a mental disorder.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Its damn near impossible to education an educator they know everything. They are the all seeing eye.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Do these people realize how idiotic they sound. Ya right, a teacher gives a student an F and student takes teachers gun and shoots. What a bunch of crap. If these people believe what they say, they are truly f***ed in the head. But then again it is said that liberalism is a mental disorder.
Holy crap, sounds like someone is not happy with their career. The superintendent of my school district opened the school facilities for an anti-Safe-Act forum back last spring. My first time meeting Jim and Max Tresmond, Dave Dipietreo, Tim Howard and Chris Jacobs.

Three of the teachers from the school district shoot handgun at my gun club. According to them there are a lot more teachers who are gun owners but they have a don't ask/don't tell philosophy because to the whiney "minority" liberal contingent of teachers.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Holy crap, sounds like someone is not happy with their career. The superintendent of my school district opened the school facilities for an anti-Safe-Act forum back last spring. My first time meeting Jim and Max Tresmond, Dave Dipietreo, Tim Howard and Chris Jacobs.
I believe you and I were at the same meeting. I might have actually bumped into you.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
“If I had a gun in my room with some of these students where I taught? They’d get it from me and shoot me,” he said. “They’d say, ‘Mr. Gunter, you gave me an F? Here’s your F.’ ”

So many problems with this. Besides sounding just dumb. It sounds as if schools are keeping who has guns in the school under wraps so how would the student know. Also, what sick f thinks kids are going to shoot a teacher over a bad grade? Why are you a teacher if you have that little faith in the youth of the country. And CC is just that. If done properly, nobody ever knows you have a firearm. Even if they did it would be difficult to get it from you if you have it concealed. To the best of my knowledge most firearms training also covers handgun retention and protection. Ignorant people.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
My wife is a teacher in a rural area.... most the kids have guns at home for hunting. IF they wanted to kill a teacher with a gun, they wouldn't need to disarm a teacher first, they would just come to school with a rifle in a bag and start blasting away.

The thing that prevents kids from killing other people isn't a lack of guns, it's the presence of a moral fiber that holds society together. In areas (Chicago) where society has a very thread bare moral fiber, you have gun violence (and a lack of parents and leaders who are working on the real problems of poverty and family breakdown). In places where family, faith and community are strong, you only see this when someone who is mentally ill get's their hands on a weapon (like a rifle, golf club, baseball bat, can of gas and a lighter).

Any teacher who is afraid that a student is likely to murder them if they can get their hands on a pistol should be very afraid indeed, because it's not that hard for many to do just that. They are only alive because nobody wants them dead.... not because junior can't get a gun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.