·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bolt action single shot .22's are high power? What the hell is low power?
You know reporters, they're trained to drool on command.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Editor: Do we have any facts about what type of rifles were stolen?
Reporter: No
Editor: Fine then, just throw in some anti-language and propagate misinformation.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Bolt action single shot .22's are high power? What the hell is low power?
Spitwads.

Side note - what if a gun manufacturer came out with a new line of rifle called the "Low Power?" Since the power level of a gun nowadays is based on perceived scariness experienced by a non-gun owner, cosmetic features, or whims, this would only make sense. "Oh, that's just the Browning Low Power? No big deal." Then chamber that MF'er in .50 cal.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
My god! Do you know how many holes in paper they're going to be able to make? Theft of property sucks though, wish I had something to donate back to them.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Here's a "low power" handgun...

And of course, a "low power" Assault Weapon (with a hi-cap drum mag of course)...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

And of course, a "low power" Assault Weapon (with a hi-cap drum mag of course)...

Does that 1911 come in red by any chance? I want it to match my converses.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
If they were locked away in a safe they might not have been stolen.
Then again, they might have.

Here comes the "no more guns for Boy Scouts" nonsense. I'm shocked they are still using them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Spitwads.

Side note - what if a gun manufacturer came out with a new line of rifle called the "Low Power?" Since the power level of a gun nowadays is based on perceived scariness experienced by a non-gun owner, cosmetic features, or whims, this would only make sense. "Oh, that's just the Browning Low Power? No big deal." Then chamber that MF'er in .50 cal.
Yep, slap a stainless steel barrel on there, some wood grain furniture, .50 BMG, if ever questioned as to how can you call it a low power, simply compare it to a 120mm MBT gun...very low powered indeed...

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Then again, they might have.

Here comes the "no more guns for Boy Scouts" nonsense. I'm shocked they are still using them.
Me too. I was at camp with my nephew this weekend. He recently got his shotgun merit badge. Even he thought it was ridiculous that the shotgun was loaded, cocked, and then handed to him to fire 1 round.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My point was they were locked in a room. Maybe they were locked in a room in a gunsafe but the story doesn't mention a safe. Better security especially where kids are involved is always a good idea.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
My point was they were locked in a room. Maybe they were locked in a room in a gunsafe but the story doesn't mention a safe. Better security especially where kids are involved is always a good idea.
So with an obvious lack of information you make a determination that they were improperly and unsafely stored and therefore its pretty much their fault that some miscreant stole their stuff?

·
Registered
438 Posts
We still offer hunting safety classes through the school I work at... although next year is the last it'll be offered.

All 3 of my kids went through it at one point (all girls) and quite frankly our 4H and Boy Scouts are still very active in teh shooting sports.

Rural Upstate ftw.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BAN, BAN, BAN
Someone may fill them with flammable liquid.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
So with an obvious lack of information you make a determination that they were improperly and unsafely stored and therefore its pretty much their fault that some miscreant stole their stuff?
This was my point. I hate the "if they were better kept" line. I should be able to take my gun, leave it at the end if my driveway, loaded, forever. It it gets stolen it is the sole fault of the CRIMINAL, not the gun owner. Everyone is so quick to blame the legal owners.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How do you know kids are involved? That location is the office for the area. Only time a kid would be there is with their parent picking up merit badges or something similar. We never went to the office for anything else when I was in Boy Scouts, and yes I am from the area so that was the same office then and now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
How do you know kids are involved? That location is the office for the area. Only time a kid would be there is with their parent picking up merit badges or something similar. We never went to the office for anything else when I was in Boy Scouts, and yes I am from the area so that was the same office then and now.
I took his post to mean that the guns should have been more secure because they are around the kids, not because he was thinking they took them... All guns should be safe and secure, especially around children.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts