New York Firearms Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Good news..

The progress in getting Guncoin into the real world is having a positive effect on it in the crypto world.. The price has doubled in the last week, and a flood of new miners have started mining it. In the short term it gives it stability, but in the long term it shows the support needed to make it successful.

I hope you guys got some at the fire-sale price it was at like I did!

· Registered
34 Posts
In the next month, we are releasing updated wallets for windows and android that will allow easy coin transfers. Literally snap a pic with the phone and accept the coin.
The new windows wallet is due to be released within a week.. It has a couple miner (not minor) bug fixes as well as a couple minor fixes, and it has the availability to transfer coin by using QR codes, so sellers can set a price in items with a QR code, and buyers can buy from that code. (it also works for buyers, but it requires full blown windows, not the phone version)

The windows QR wallet works best for sellers when paired with the android phone wallet for buyers, which the updated version is being worked on now, and will be released shortly afterword. At around the same time, we will post a video on how easy it is to use. (the android wallet also works for sellers, not just buyers)

For the linux users, we will be releasing linux wallets at around the same time as the new android wallet.

iPhone users. Sorry, but Apple has a grudge against crypto currency as it has "apple pay", and it also has a grudge against anything firearm related that isn't a game, so chances are slim for a release. We have tried several times and been denied, so all that coding time has been wasted.. (now we have a grudge)

Blackberry users, get a real phone...

I'll post here when the wallet is released, and again when the user video is released.

· Registered
34 Posts
Well, we lost a developer for Guncoin and that slowed progress quite a bit, but we've brought another one in and are back on track.

For anyone that bought Guncoin while it was cheap, that was brilliant. With the combined increase in the value of Guncoin and Bitcoin, Guncoin is up to around 2.5 guncoin to a US penny. That's up from almost 700 to a penny when I suggested buying some, so it's an increase of around 28000 percent. (a $1 investment then is now worth about $280)

I bought some at the very bottom, that is now up over 20,000 times what I paid for it. (I sold what I paid a few cents for, for over $3,000)

Cheers!!

· Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I am sitting on some. Ive had it for years. Before I even got into Bitcoin. I am still holding. Seeing what the new year bringing. I will be so happy when this hits 1 cent. After that I can see it taking off.

· Registered
34 Posts
It hit 3.5 cents per coin last night, pushing the market cap over $5 million. Hash rate is over 400 mh/s, I don't even have enough hash power to mine it anymore. At least I mined some while it was mineable, and bought when it was affordable!

· Registered
34 Posts
The Guncoin blockchain is forking at block 840,000, that is about a week away.

Everyone should upgrade to the 1.3 wallet, otherwise the old wallets will fail to sync after the security checkpoint. (coins will not be lost, but no transfers will be allowed until the wallet upgrade is completed)

Here is the new wallet - http://www.guncoin.info/downloads/GUN-V1.3/guncoin-1.3.0-win32-setup.exe

· Registered
1 Posts
coinbase vs binance both offer similar features and benefits for users. However, there are some differences between the two. The primary difference lies in the fee structure. Binance has significantly lower fees than Coinbase. Coinbase is known for its high fees, but many traders consider that the fee structure is worth it for the peace of mind that it provides.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts