New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
September 7th & 8th.

I personally will not be going. I gave up on the Middletown show. Just wanted to put it out there in case anyone was interested.

More info can be found here.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
325 tables. Why have you given up on it?
1. Price gouging.

2. Lack of reloading supplies at decent prices. When T&T is there, it's worth going, but better get there early or the line is incredibly long. Sadly, it's hit or miss as to if T&T will be there.

3. Too crowded. I'm anti-social.

The last three or four times I've been there, it's been a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was online about 830am, line was shorter then expected and moved quickly. I saw no deals for ammo but people were buying. TNT had a huge line of people buying powder. I saw bricks of 22's for $60 to $80. Cheapest 9mm i saw was $350 a case of 500... 30-06 looked to be about 60 cents a round. I only scored some mauser parts but that was it, i didnt see any bargains. Though i did overhear a dealer quietly telling a customer he had better high caps "under" the table, not a good risk in this show.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was hoping to be proven wrong. Oh well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went Saturday morning. I spent 1 hour in line at T&T reloading in the back corner. I scored some brass and a set of lee dies I've been looking for. Got some stripper clips and surplus ammo. Also got a 1/4 lb of jerky from the jerky guy. If you shop around a little, you can find a few vendors who's prices aren't too outrageous. Some of them are highway robbery. I steer clear of the guys selling the "made in china" lights and "made in china" scopes. Not worth the money imo.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I went to the Middletown gun show on Sunday as I have gone to the past few Middletown gun shows and also in Poughkeepsie. I think that instead of thinking of these shows as just some place to get deals on guns, ammo, accessories we need to look at them as our "powwows", as our information gatherings, our primaries, a place to support our local groups such as Sportsmens clubs, NRA, local gun shops, Dutchess County Pistol Association. These organizations are encouraging and fighting for Second Amendment rights and safe handling of firearms.

It was encouraging to see the younger generation attending the show from babies through grade school through teenagers with their parents. It showed the younger generation's interest in firearms and safe handling of firearms. So when the shows are coming to your area, go to them. You can always find something you like or talk with old and new friends. But at least you show your support of gun rights in our area. This is very important at this point in our history. When you go, try to encourage some younger folks to come along so they can see the Second Amendment in action and also be encouraged to be the next spokespersons for gun rights.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I am an FFL with store. I have a couple of tables at Middletown, I look at it as a chance to meet folks. and talk about my passion! I never sell enough to cover expenses, (and close the store for 3 days) but I meet lots of really nice folks some even come to the store!!
I started shooting at 11 (not bad for a NYC kid) and love to see the "little ones" get excited about shooting.
I bought 8 used handguns Sunday sold a couple of guns too.
Always learn something at a show!!
Ghramsville is next for me ISept 21 & 22 Come by say "HI"

CATSKILL MOUNTAINS FIREARMS, LLC
]in the woods of Kerhonkson

$30 No Lecture no BS transfers

89 Stiller Berg Strada
Kerhonkson, NY 12446

Phone 845-626-7676
ALWAYS CALL BEFORE YOU COME TO SEE US
Email [email protected] FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Web Catskill Mountains Firearms, LLC - Home

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am an FFL with store. I have a couple of tables at Middletown, I look at it as a chance to meet folks. and talk about my passion! I never sell enough to cover expenses, (and close the store for 3 days) but I meet lots of really nice folks some even come to the store!!
I started shooting at 11 (not bad for a NYC kid) and love to see the "little ones" get excited about shooting.
I bought 8 used handguns Sunday sold a couple of guns too.
Always learn something at a show!!
Ghramsville is next for me ISept 21 & 22 Come by say "HI"

CATSKILL MOUNTAINS FIREARMS, LLC
]in the woods of Kerhonkson

$30 No Lecture no BS transfers

89 Stiller Berg Strada
Kerhonkson, NY 12446

Phone 845-626-7676
ALWAYS CALL BEFORE YOU COME TO SEE US
Email [email protected] FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
Web Catskill Mountains Firearms, LLC - Home
Saw you at the show. Looked like a nice little setup you had going. The table was crowded when I passed so I didn't stop to BS, next time! I was too busy trying to talk myself out of choking someone at the time :hissyfit:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.