New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
This was posted here a few months ago. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
There isn't any safe that will deter a motivated burglar who has lots of time.

However, most burglaries are smash and grab because the longer the burglar is in the house, the better the chance of getting caught.

So the odds are good that even a cheap safe will deter a burglar who's looking to get in and out fast.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
If you have a gun safe in an obvious location, it's more likely that they'll notice it if you have a non-gun safe or other container, or have it where it's not readily visible. A commercial freezer that locks probably won't draw that much attention, and a burglar probably won't check the space behind your closet inside the wall.

Granted, a safe room would be best, if not the most inconspicuous, but we can't all be winners.

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
If you have an alarm system that calls the police (ADT), the chances of them hanging around is even slimmer. I don't know how people don't have alarm systems in their house.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you have an alarm system that calls the police (ADT), the chances of them hanging around is even slimmer. I don't know how people don't have alarm systems in their house.
they are expensive for me right now... if i lived in a higher crime area i would have an alarm system

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
they are expensive for me right now... if i lived in a higher crime area i would have an alarm system
They usually give free install & only charge $20 a month to monitor. You should google alarm companies in your area and shop around. They also lower your home insurance as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts