New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gun Rights Haters Try To Learn About Guns

Let me start with one of the most most important things that he said, "there is no gun show loophole". He went to great lengths to explain that the idea that there are many gun sales going on at gun shows with no background checks performed is false. Glick very directly told the Delco United people not to pursue that angle.

The International Libertarian: Gun Rights Haters Try To Learn About Guns

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
uuum, whats the difference between "book learned" and "real life experience" about a million miles.

These newly book learned individuals still have no clue what firearm ownership is all about. well, at least they gave it a shot, even if they are still clueless

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I remember watching a video a few years back of people that were rabidly anti-gun moving/living in with a very pro gun person for a couple weeks. The rabidly pro-gun person stayed with an anti-gun family for a couple weeks too. Seeing an anti move from outright fear (with crying) at the sight of a firearm to actually shooting and understanding about guns was pretty neat.

I searched for 10 minutes, but I couldn't locate the video. If someone else knows it, post up the link. If I remember, it was an entire show, either 20+ or 40+ minutes long.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
First step in learning about guns is learning about the value of Liberty.

Next step is learning about the natural right of self-defense and the right to protect life and property.

Next step is learning about how an "equalizer" effect must be present to make self-defense workable.

Learn these 3 steps first, then proceed to an understanding of why a Right to Keep and Bear Arms is essential in a civilized society.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
What perplexes me is that many liberals are anti-establishment, you think they would understand the well-worn but true Jefferson quote:

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

However there is a logical disconnect in their brains regarding gun rights.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
However there is a logical disconnect in their brains regarding gun rights.
Less so when you think about their attitude towards government. Liberals are only anti-establishment when they are NOT in charge of the establishment. Since they tirelessly work to promote the growth of government (via more spending) and the growth of pro government voters (through increased illegal immigration and the increase in federal workers) then it's clear they believe the only legitimate government is one where their attitudes and philosophies are in the majority. As a result, any anti-establishment people are backwards reactionary threats that need to be disarmed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First step in learning about guns is learning about the value of Liberty.

Next step is learning about the natural right of self-defense and the right to protect life and property.

Next step is learning about how an "equalizer" effect must be present to make self-defense workable.

Learn these 3 steps first, then proceed to an understanding of why a Right to Keep and Bear Arms is essential in a civilized society.
Very nice but I would add 1 more step, understanding that to be free we have to be organized to defend ourselves while the govt is disarmed. There should be no forces seperate from the people themselves.

Edwin Vieira on His New Book, 'The Sword and Sovereignty' and Where the US Went Wrong - See more at: The Daily Bell - Edwin Vieira on His New Book, 'The Sword and Sovereignty' and Where the US Went Wrong

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
uuum, whats the difference between "book learned" and "real life experience" about a million miles.

These newly book learned individuals still have no clue what firearm ownership is all about. well, at least they gave it a shot, even if they are still clueless
A million miles indeed.. The problem with most book learning is you only learn what the person who wrote the book wants you to learn seems the more" enlightened" a person is the more ignorant they are

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do not like this line of argument that "there is no gun show loophole" and therefore things are hunky dory. As if a "gun show loophole," if it did exist, would somehow be wrong or give gun grabbers some sort of credibility or basis for their policies.

Truth is there should be a gun show loop hole. A big one. The loophole should be so big it extends to everyone. There is really nothing inherently wrong with "engaging in the business of selling firearms" without a permission slip from the government to do so.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I do not like this line of argument that "there is no gun show loophole" and therefore things are hunky dory. As if a "gun show loophole," if it did exist, would somehow be wrong or give gun grabbers some sort of credibility or basis for their policies.

Truth is there should be a gun show loop hole. A big one. The loophole should be so big it extends to everyone. There is really nothing inherently wrong with "engaging in the business of selling firearms" without a permission slip from the government to do so.
:agree:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.