New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NRA ILA sent out an email today saying that the social security administration is moving forward with the rule to strip those of their rights if they are on disability or ssi. The report didn't say much just that those on it would be reported to the federal goverment if they have mental health issues. Does anyone know if this is just for those with mental health problems or for everyone who gets disabilty? (those in wheelchairs or have some other handicap to be exact)

·
Registered
22 Posts
The NRA ILA sent out an email today saying that the social security administration is moving forward with the rule to strip those of their rights if they are on disability or ssi. The report didn't say much just that those on it would be reported to the federal goverment if they have mental health issues. Does anyone know if this is just for those with mental health problems or for everyone who gets disabilty? (those in wheelchairs or have some other handicap to be exact)
The only thing I know about are those on disability that are not the payee. Their spouse or someone else is in charge of the finances and receives the SSD payment. Those individuals were slated to lose their guns.

My wife is co-owner of all of my firearms so it would be interesting to see what they would try and pull. I manage my own finances though.

Dan

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so let's say I get the disability checks for being blind. Would I be at risk for getting my guns taken? and if so would it be worth canceling the service?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Okay so let's say I get the disability checks for being blind. Would I be at risk for getting my guns taken? and if so would it be worth canceling the service?
I don't know for certain, but I will guess that you are at risk of losing your guns. Talk to the Soc Sec Admin but don' t give your name or otherwise identify yourself. Call from another phone or email from another computer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts