New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another anti-2A thug with a badge strikes again. Cop tails out of state SUV for 10 minutes, lights him up with no PC, runs license/registration, comes back, orders driver out, and demands he produces his firearm - which he left home in FL in his safe.

Read on...

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
I guess some criminals carry badges in MD. Look, I know this moron does not represent all that do their job properly but REALLY? His butt should be fired and HIS firearms should be taken away. So tired of this s***. An apology doesn't cover it for me. Hit them where it hurts otherwise they will keep doing it and keep apologizing. Empty words just to cover their a**.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Posted earlier today and from how it sounds that cop doesnt deserve the honor of wearing a shield. Its guys like this thug that make things tougher for the good guys.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Dude is a jerk. Leave the guy alone. He has a license, said it was at home and just traveling through. Harass the guy thats robbing the little old lady down the block.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
ive got a shortcut on my phone with video/voice recorder just in case.

·
Registered
185 Posts
very good article here that outlines how the MD cop was able to do this. Basically MD has their own database with data mined from other states in the case of the guy above, all triggered by an automatic license plate reader which triggered an alert that this driver had a Florida CCW permit.

Driving Through Maryland - How The Lawful Florida Gun Owner Was Targeted… (Hint: Maryland Coordination and Analysis Center) | The Last Refuge

Blaming the cop is also pretty stupid since this is a STATE wide program IE the whole of MD is engaged in doing this. I'm sure Cuomo wishes he had this system here in NY.

·
Registered
315 Posts
This is scary. Guess the question is- how much of our information is accessible? Is our ccw info just in couny databases?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Not sure I get this... He got pulled over for no other reason the he has a pistol permit?
Sure looks that way. Too bad the poor guy just wants to forget it ever happened, and is considering giving up his permit over it. It would be a great case for the ACLU, if they actually cared about people's rights.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very good article here that outlines how the MD cop was able to do this. Basically MD has their own database with data mined from other states in the case of the guy above, all triggered by an automatic license plate reader which triggered an alert that this driver had a Florida CCW permit.
Mental note: register car in wife's name.

Thankfully most of my travels are in my company vehicle.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Blaming the cop is also pretty stupid since this is a STATE wide program IE the whole of MD is engaged in doing this. I'm sure Cuomo wishes he had this system here in NY.
I guess expecting him to live up to the oath he took is asking to much? This thug is certainly to blame. Having a permit is not cause for a stop.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I'm getting sick of isolated incidents that happen all the time.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Stick a sign on their lawn Welcome Gun Free home, or a whole street Named Gun Free st. they all could sleep safe at night.

·
Registered
651 Posts
He should be finding a lawyer or a civil rights group to help him sue the state of Maryland. Crap like this is going to keep happening until someone stands up and says enough. That's what these states count on. People getting scared and knowing it takes money, so they just give up. Sad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts