New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I realize New York is one of the toughest states to own a hand gun. But I keep hearing about gun laws in other states and never hear about them here, not that I'm complaining. Some of which include; a waiting period for buying a rifle, requiring a magazine disconnect in hand guns, registering a 22 conversion kit for hand guns, CCW prohibited where alcohol is served, requiring hunters to wear blaze orange vest, registering rifles and shotguns.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Yeah, compared to California we are Texas. Compared to California, Germany's gun laws are not too bad.

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Courier is that you? Welcome back?

· Registered
948 Posts
ok, I realize New York is one of the toughest states to own a hand gun. But I keep hearing about gun laws in other states and never hear about them here, not that I'm complaining. Some of which include; a waiting period for buying a rifle, requiring a magazine disconnect in hand guns, registering a 22 conversion kit for hand guns, CCW prohibited where alcohol is served, requiring hunters to wear blaze orange vest, registering rifles and shotguns.
Yep, during WA modern firearms season (and only modern firearms season) we have a minimum orange requirement (an orange vest will meet the rule). We also have restrictions on NFA items except silencers. Silencers are OK (if you have the fed tax stamp) If you go to OR it takes a bit longer for their CHL (OR gives their sheriff's 45 days) but in OR you can have any NFA item you have a federal tax stamp for...

However: We also have unlicensed OC, (so does OR) our CPL is available (Must issue) to anyone that can legally possess a firearm (by Fed law) $52.25, you fill out a form, they take your fingerprints, and you receive your license within 30 days MAX. Some counties same day service has been known...my county, 2 days, one for the paperflow, one for the mail to deliver)

We can carry in Any park (city, county, state national) or forest, freeway rest stop, trail, any town, even into any town council meeting and even the state legislature. No license required if carried openly.

Restrictions? Secure facilities (Jail, court rooms, non-public areas of a Sheriff's office) Local government may regulate discharge withing their jusrisdiction...other than that, any local law must mirror State law.

Face to face sale of anything legal to own, no permission slip, no registration. If you purchase from an FFL, the federal requirements are there, but if you have a WA CPL you can walk out in 15 minutes (or less), no reporting of sale of rifles or shotguns. If you do not have a CPL they will do a background check for the purchase of a pistol...which can take no more than 5 days.

So now courior (oh sorry dodge) which would you rather have? WA's orange vest? or NY's firearms restrictions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.