New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Yorkers Against Gun Violence is proud of the role it played in the passage of the SAFE Act. The SAFE Act, which was signed into law by Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Jan. 15, 2013, was the culmination of years of hard work and thoughtful and careful legislative deliberation.

Critics argue that it was a knee-jerk reaction to the horrendous events in Newtown, Conn., and Webster. We disagree.

New York has been a pioneer in gun regulations, starting with the Sullivan Act enacted in 1911 in response to a senseless killing in New York City's Gramercy Park North. The act, still on the books, required police-issued licenses to carry concealed firearms. It became a model for the country and was not the only time New York led the nation in gun safety regulations.

Gun law will help shield our children - Times Union

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
wonder how many of them have Firearms and or Armed body guards

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
...stiffer penalties for gun trafficking would help to stem the flood of illegal guns into our communities.
Start at the top with the stiff penalties for gun trafficking.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Instead of shielding "the children" (God if I have to hear that phrase as a justification again...) from LEGAL guns which pretty much never hurt ANYONE (including the previous children) how about we go after the crooks and gang-bangers with almost entirely "ILLEGAL" guns?! Or better yet, how about going after the crooked politicians who are selling America's future (which belongs to today's youth) down the river for their own personal gain. That would do a whole lot more than going after my guns.

Unless they've been lying to me my guns have never harmed anyone.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I swear that article was written to troll us, hard. Can anyone truly be that stupid?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Lmao... Now they're (anti's) deluding themselves that the law was the culmination of years worth of hard work... Omg, hahahaha, yeah, 74 years... Like the school count. And seems they forget to mention how the righteousness of the legislation required midnight passage and ram rod efforts with back room deals to secure votes in its passage. Ridiculous delusions and these morons don't even wait for memories to fade in order to revision history, lol... They do it concurrently!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Chicago anyone? Their illegal gun laws are really effective. Meanwhile in nearby Vermont, the carnage continues due to their lax gun laws..........

Liberalism is truly a mental disease/

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Article said:
It's no accident that New York, a state of 20 million people with 80 million visitors per year, has the fourth lowest gun-death rate in the country.
?

I looked up the stats, not believing that in any way,...and in every permutation I tried, I can't make this stat anywhere near true? As in, a flat out lie.

Can someone find out even how they are twisting this fact, or is it really just a flat out lie?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Just read the comments, about 1 in 50 agree with them, the rest are asking wtf are they thinking.

The problem with newspaper media today is they are dying. To counter this, they need web traffic. They have found the greatest way to increase traffic is posting controversial "articles".

The issue they ignore or don't care about is many of their readers just believe what is published.

So much for responsible reporting.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
We are proud to live in a state whose leaders took decisive action following unspeakable atrocities to keep weapons from dangerous individuals, toughen criminal penalties and protect our children while still respecting the gun rights of individuals.

First our leaders are a bunch of crooks
second a low life does not buy his gun at a gun store or goes thru a bc
third you are violating my right and my kids rights .

lets be real here the only thing that was done passing the safe act burdening legal gun owners.
Also the Queen of Albany was first to pass a ban on a semi auto rifle .
So get a life New Yorkers Against Gun Violence
FUAC FUNYAGV

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I just taught a Hunter's Safety Course to 12-16 year old children. They did a good job in shielding themselves from harms way and should be in the fields this fall shielding the animals from harm. Now if they can only buy a license. HMMMMM love that new system.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
I swear that article was written to troll us, hard. Can anyone truly be that stupid?
Yes they can be and ARE!

they have no self control and will not take personal responsibility for anything.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Article is pure unadulterated drivel and I'm dumber for having read it. Michael Moore would be proud of the author for artfully cherry picking "facts" and forming nonsensical conclusions. I was glad to see most of the comments were more in line with reality.

·
Registered
39 Posts
we all are new yorkers against gun violence.

but we would like to be able to protect ourselves and our families.
what mentally disturbed individuals do is the basis for creating new laws that will affect all people?
cars ,lighters,axes,knives, drain cleaner, chemicals,etc should all be outlawed. we should live in a childproof city so a few mentally disturbed people cannot commit
crimes. logical??

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Every gun owner that I know is against senseless gun violence; hell, all that I know are against senseless violence period.

How bout we lock up the scumbags charge them for the crimes they commit and convict them of the charged crimes?

Guns are not nor have ever been the problem!

·
Registered
391 Posts
anytime I hear the phrase "it's for the children" my ass hurts from the reaming we are about to take in our civil rights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts