New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6,222 Posts
"Nearly a year ago, 12 people in Colorado were massacred at a showing of another superhero movie, the Batman film The Dark Knight Rises."

How is that even remotely related? Because this was in a movie theater too?

"Zane told his dad he would not have touched the gun and gotten an adult if he had found it by himself. "

This is what every child should be taught. Not panic, flee, etc. that the schools teach.

· Registered
3,865 Posts
I might have finished watching the movie first. If it was good.

· Registered
722 Posts
I hear NY is trying to extradite him, cuz after all, Bloomy and Cuomo are trying to protect the people and I think NY has jurisidiction over the rest of the states.......
;)

· Registered
948 Posts
I don't know what the lost and found laws are in FL, but here in WA the proper procedure would be to inform the owner of the theater, take the weapon to the police station and turn it in (with a claim tag). Wait 60 days. If the police cannot identify the lost property's owner, and determine it has not been used in a crime, is stolen, etc.. it then become the finder's legal property.

In this case, I am sure LE would determine who actually owned this firearm and would return it to it's rightful owner...

Example: (not quite a Glock, but worth more) Our youngest daughter found a diamond engagement ring worth about $4000 in the Mt Baker National Forest. From the style it was probably from the 30's or the 40's. She took the ring to the forest service headquarters in Sedro Woolley, and turned it in. 60 days later they called her up to come claim HER property. No-one had reported loosing such a ring, or were there any lost ring reports on file. That happened 30 years ago. She still has that ring.

If you play the game by the rules, it is sometimes possible to legally get quite a windfall.

· Registered
764 Posts
Just what I would want in my possession: a "nice carry pistol" that had just been used to commit a murder and then dropped in the theatre.
Who cares where it came from? I am not in the habit of having my firearms seized and ballistics testing done so its not going to come back on me. Even so, most states privately owned pistols can be bought and sold as any other property with no registration or paperwork. Such a pistol could have changed hands a dozen times from the original owner to the current one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.