New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WASHINGTON - Gun control groups say this is the year they finally go toe-to-toe with the National Rifle Association and match their foe's imposing campaign spending for congressional candidates.

Their long-awaited financial parity with the gun lobby, however, underscores the importance of timing in politics. Firearms violence has faded as a top tier public concern, a turnabout from the issue's high profile immediately following the December 2012 massacre of 20 first-graders and six aides at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

The subject barely registers in polling that shows voters far more focused on the economy and terrorism. This week's Associated Press-GfK poll showed fewer than 1 percent of likely voters named guns as the nation's top issue - a view that many House and Senate contests reflect.

Gun Foes Plan to Match NRA Spending in Fall Races - ABC News

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not going to be hard.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Good for the economy. Bad for their common sense.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
the antis really try to make it seem like the NRA spends BILLIONS of dollars when in the grand scheme of things its not all that much. bloomberg has financed campaigns that far exceeded the NRA spending.

btw, has the NRA done anything for Astorino in NY? i wonder where scumo's 33 million came from, id bet doomturd had something to do with that.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
the antis really try to make it seem like the NRA spends BILLIONS of dollars when in the grand scheme of things its not all that much. bloomberg has financed campaigns that far exceeded the NRA spending.

btw, has the NRA done anything for Astorino in NY? i wonder where scumo's 33 million came from, id bet doomturd had something to do with that.
As I mentioned previously, a single dollar per NRA member would put Astorino's TV campaign ahead of Cuomo.

That's for ONE year's worth of memberships. Not even mentioning the lifetime and other stuff.

But I must be going now, call a spade a spade and someone might say "STOP BLAMING THEM" (for not doing exactly what you pay them to do) or "WHAT EXACTLY HAVE YOU DONE!?." (the same things you have?)

Nah, must just be paranoid. ;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I have yet too read one article in regards to Gun Control that hasn't mentioned Newtown. It seems to be the only thing they can cling too.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I have yet too read one article in regards to Gun Control that hasn't mentioned Newtown. It seems to be the only thing they can cling too.
Well, with the actual rarity of such events, despite the fear mongering, and considering SH was concocted as nothing more than a ploy to hype Americans up against guns, I'd imagine so.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Don't worry. I'm sure another gun free zone shooting will come along in the near future that they can take advantage of.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Don't worry. I'm sure another gun free zone shooting will come along in the near future that they can take advantage of.
They made sure SH was back in the news yesterday with a "Bomb Threat."

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Fact 1. The antis will NEVER give up. Fact 2. Neither will the legal gun owners.

They made ground in NY,CT and hurt Colorado but they are losing the war as many other states passed pro gun laws after Sandy Hook, HI and even liberal heaven CA included in those. The idea of the "virus" spreading is nothing but a myth.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Ya know- anyone who is willing to spend their money in an attempt to subvert the Constitution should be deported at the least.... thought I'd prefer to label them as "domestic terrorists" or "enemies of the state" and send their asses to Gitmo!

·
Registered
756 Posts
These commie basta*ds can all go to hell, there is going to be a big toilet flush in november and the libtards are going to loose and loose big on a national level....and they know it. All the race cards,war on women and global warming wont stop the flush, they can all unite the entire commie community and pound sand together.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Fact 1. The antis will NEVER give up. Fact 2. Neither will the legal gun owners.

They made ground in NY,CT and hurt Colorado but they are losing the war as many other states passed pro gun laws after Sandy Hook, HI and even liberal heaven CA included in those. The idea of the "virus" spreading is nothing but a myth.
Right to carry 1986vs 2013

Attachments

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
What Al of you are failing to realize is that for all of the money the antis put into these races , we vote in EVRY election rather than the antis who fail to get very many to even show up at any ralley or protest they hold . Now if you think that just spending money wins , you are wrong to a point . You have to fire up your side and the antis have done nothing , all they have done is throw ds on the tv spouting their side which most Americans either turn off or change the channel ! The exit polls say everything you need to know about voter apathy . The NRA members vote in EVERY election so they are fired up , ready to vote and the antis can't and wont bring out any vots because of the lack of dedication ! Now if there is a flaw in my theory , Show me because it's true ! Money doesn't win elections VOTES do ! The dems have now been caught rigging the vote once again right here in NYC ! This time it's a NY senator and she is facing 20 years for this little maneuver! This should get someone's attention about who they are voting for !

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Looks like I'm moving to a blue state! :rofl:
Close your eyes and throw a dart- you'd be hard pressed to miss!

And that map tells me all I need to know about the cumulative will of The People...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Don't show the maps to the Supremes. ...if they see this, they will surely not consider SAFE in any appeal. ...so what if a few states want to ban AWs and big cap gunz????....

I always considered the ammo background check the most horrible part of SAFE. However, I don't see any legal actions to challenge this garbage. Is this a no-win situation? Gun registries are ALWAYS a precursor to confiscation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts