New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And Then They Came For The Bolt-Actions - Bearing Arms

We knew it was coming. The scary bolt action rifle is now a "sniper rifle."

Part 1 of the article talks about the $27,000 rifle that uses a computer to track targets. Yup, those will be flooding the street with the bargain basement prices.

Part 2 talks about a PA group that wants long guns restricted because of the recent PA state trooper killings.

For the record, one of my best friend's since Pre-K is a PA state policeman and he thinks banning long guns are bull****.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
We should round up all the gun banners and send them over to live with ISIS.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Bring it.

This, right now, would be the death knell of the anti gun movement.

.308, .270, hunting rifles now labeled "sniper rifles" would show even the Fudds what is what.

Bring it on, Molon Labe.

Makes me want to join their cause...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Let's compromise - I'll agree to adding a $200 NFA tax stamp on a Tracking Point, but what will I get in return? How about allowing manufacture & ownership of new select fire weapons? Too much? National carry reciprocity? Constitutional carry?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
No bolt actions allowed now??? What do we have left? I think theres a slingshot in my dest drawer.
Even they are neutered in NY, no wrist supports allowed. We might get away with shooting spitwads through straws though...

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
We knew this would be coming next. This is all about control has nothing to do with people being safe. Has everything to do with the Gov being safe from the people.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think I may have to buy another Mosin...in protest of this stupidity!

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
The anti-gunners love to ignore the fact that rifles are so rarely used in crimes. Plus, their fear of the tracking point system just shows their ignorance of guns in general. It's just like their fear of .50 bmg rifles, except possibly even dumber.

Aside from the cost obstacle, I'd love to know how many times someone is murdered in the US at a distance that would be considered long enough to actually utitilize a tracking point system or .50 bmg.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
The anti-gunners love to ignore the fact that rifles are so rarely used in crimes. Plus, their fear of the tracking point system just shows their ignorance of guns in general. It's just like their fear of .50 bmg rifles, except possibly even dumber.

Aside from the cost obstacle, I'd love to know how many times someone is murdered in the US at a distance that would legitimately be considered long enough to actually utitilize a tracking point system or .50 bmg.
Define "legitimately". Does that include the typical Chicago dustup?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Let them ban bolt actions. That will be the end of hunting. Maybe when the coyotes are running rampant in the cities biting everyone on the ass and spreading rabies then the anti's will say, "Well maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all". Such stupid people in this world these days.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
The coyotes will be busy trying to re-populate the cities. With no border security they should have a field day.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts