·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I don't own any high powered rifles.

.50 BMG is the highest I go.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The link won't allow me to view the video. Did it show all the hits, were they all clean round holes or key holed too ? You would think if stray rounds are finding their way to the houses after hitting a berm or whatever they have for a backstop they certainly wouldn't be round holes. Unless some shooters have aimed way high.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
"At the moment it gives you some peace of mind that this will stop. I look at it this way. Hunting season is right around the corner. If something happens from now until November or December, maybe it is something else that's going on. I don't know. But in the meantime, at least I know something's been done. And that's the most important thing. The last thing we want is to have somebody's life at stake," said LaRocca.

Yeah, THAT'S important. Moron.
How about they evacuate your neighborhood? That would have been doing "something" too.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Hate to say it, but as a former member of a range that was recently closed as a result of similar trumped-up charges, this range's days are probably numbered.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Bull****. Plain and simple. Sig Heil to das Fuhrer Cuomo, only doing our jobs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Duck on a pond.....looks like one thing on the service but underneath the anti-gunners's feet are moving a mile a minute.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
"At the moment it gives you some peace of mind that this will stop. I look at it this way. Hunting season is right around the corner. If something happens from now until November or December, maybe it is something else that's going on. I don't know. But in the meantime, at least I know something's been done. And that's the most important thing. The last thing we want is to have somebody's life at stake," said LaRocca.

Yeah, THAT'S important. Moron.
How about they evacuate your neighborhood? That would have been doing "something" too.
I'm just a little confused by the statement. "If something happens between now and X, something else must be going on." Wot? Isn't that incentive to use the range? I mean, if something happens to a house between now and Dec., and that proves no wrongdoing, hell yeah! Use that range and aim high! Nonsense. You do not prove wrongdoing by lack of evidence of other options.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
During the investigation, police say the bullets came from the direction of the Camillus Sportsmen's Club that's a mile away.
"There are certainly weapons and ammunition that are capable of going this distance and further," said Camillus Police Chief Thomas Winn.

But police say there's no conclusive evidence the bullets came from the gun club...just that they came from that direction.
- See more at: Gun Club Ordered to Stop Using 'High-Powered' Rifle Range in Camillus - Time Warner Cable News
So now the anti-gunners have an easy game plan for shutting down shooting ranges. Good times.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Camillus has been defending itself against these bored housewives and househusbands for years already. This is just the next step, and I'll bet that soon they will face even more legal action. Ranges around the area beware, your days are numbered. Boards of directors for these clubs would do well to appoint a position in the club responsible to attend their local planning committee meetings, since any new construction near the club will ultimately demand cease fire due to safety concerns. Even better, try to stack the planning board with club members!

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I am not familiar with this range. When the range was built, were there houses in the area? At least within range of the firing line?

I'm also curious if the houses were built after, were the new owners made aware by the seller?

Bit by bit they just keep nipping away at our Rights.

I love how they want to analyze the bullets found at the homes, what could they possible want to find out? That it came from a rifle?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I am not familiar with this range. When the range was built, were there houses in the area? At least within range of the firing line?

I'm also curious if the houses were built after, were the new owners made aware by the seller?

Bit by bit they just keep nipping away at our Rights.

I love how they want to analyze the bullets found at the homes, what could they possible want to find out? That it came from a rifle?
I saw a pic a while back where some lady was holding bullets that "struck her house", she claimed, for some reason. I believe she had a burka on or something.

The "bullets" we're complete cartridges. Brass, bullet, primer, and (I'm assuming) powder and all.

Flawless logic.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
At our former range, the "forensics" on the "bullet fragment" were never even complete or available when the range's landlord (ConEd) decided not to renew the lease. All the anti-2A crowd needs is the threat of a liability suit and a platform in order to close a range in New York.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Camillus is my club--spent a few hours at the pistol range on Monday, actually.

Pretty sure the range was built back in the 60's, but these houses are relatively new. The rifle range is set in front of a MASSIVE hill, covered completely in trees. The longest part of the range is 330yds and the hill still dwarfs it. Sucks what's happening--love that place.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Well, one bullet was able to break a window and then fall to the carpet, where it was found.

Magic, or simple ballistics after 1600 yards?

I'd think it would have to have enough power to at least penetrate drywall, not likely to break window and stop.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The link won't allow me to view the video. Did it show all the hits, were they all clean round holes or key holed too ? You would think if stray rounds are finding their way to the houses after hitting a berm or whatever they have for a backstop they certainly wouldn't be round holes. Unless some shooters have aimed way high.
It shows one clean hole that appears to be in excess of .50. Something fishy about that picture.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts