New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not Texas, not Tennessee... it is NEW YORK. People, as we all have come to realize the hard way, elections have consequences. The next time one of your gun owning friends tell you their votes doesn't count, smack them across the face. NY is also the number one state when it comes to voter apathy. We simply don't vote. There are a lot of us in this state. We can elect Rob Astorino if we want. EVERY VOTE COUNTS.

A recent study of eBay purchases concluded that the number one item purchased off eBay in NY was firearm accessories. You wouldn't think this to be true but, well, here you go:

eBay Survey: Firearms Are Most Popular Purchase Items In N.Y. State « CBS New York

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
It would be great if the NRA affiliate in NY the NYSRPA donated more to Rob than the pathetic $1000 they did.
If the NRA donated half of what they spent on all that crap they mail out, to Rob Astorino's campaign he would have a commercial on every channel.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
41,000 members in NY and they can't donate more than 2cents per member? It's a ****ing disgrace!
What you have failed to realize is by election rules they are limited to 1000 per candidate just like we are . These are state rules , I can only donate 1000. Per election cycle unless I go thr ought the hassles of creating a ny PAC ( political action commitee ) this requires a lot of time , legal help , and hefty donations by outside sources , plus by ny law I'm required to disclose my donors so that the people I donate to can go directly to those same people for more donations . This is all set up by the election commitee to so- called level the playing field ( what it really does is stops you from donating to who you want and as much as you want ) the rules are dreamed up by liberals to stop the every day joe from dabbling in the political process in other words is ny,s pay to play right before your very eyes and YOU MISSED IT ! I'm sorry but that's the real truth ny has some of screwiest election rules . It must have something that has to do with the Tammany hall days !

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If the NRA donated half of what they spent on all that crap they mail out, to Rob Astorino's campaign he would have a commercial on every channel.
The NRA doesn't have a PAC but does donate the same as I do . Read my other post and hopefully you understand why they do what they do .

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
What you have failed to realize is by election rules they are limited to 1000 per candidate just like we are . These are state rules , I can only donate 1000. Per election cycle unless I go thr ought the hassles of creating a ny PAC ( political action commitee ) this requires a lot of time , legal help , and hefty donations by outside sources , plus by ny law I'm required to disclose my donors so that the people I donate to can go directly to those same people for more donations . This is all set up by the election commitee to so- called level the playing field ( what it really does is stops you from donating to who you want and as much as you want ) the rules are dreamed up by liberals to stop the every day joe from dabbling in the political process in other words is ny,s pay to play right before your very eyes and YOU MISSED IT ! I'm sorry but that's the real truth ny has some of screwiest election rules . It must have something that has to do with the Tammany hall days !
I though the rules were different for non profit groups like NYSRPA. How does dick head get these big donations from non PAC people? This is from this article published today Big money still flowing to Gov. Cuomo's campaign - NY Daily News

Among the biggest donations Cuomo in the past 24 hours were $50,000 from investment banker John H. Scully; $35,000 from the Communications Workers of America District One PAC; and nearly $48,000 from Delaware North owner Jeremy Jacobs and members of his family.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would be great if the NRA affiliate in NY the NYSRPA donated more to Rob than the pathetic $1000 they did.
They are paying for what will end up being a million dollar lawsuit against unsafe.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
"Donate to the NRA. Then we won't spend your money on what you want AND will have legal backing!"

A little wordy for a bumper sticker, but we're trying.

But hey, they sometimes donate a few boxes of shotshells to a few gun ranges I've never heard of!

·
Registered
839 Posts
True they keep sending me a renewal every other week and the last one said its the last one. So ill wait and see.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
This drives me nuts - NRA needs simple mailings,explained briefly and lucidly, and lose the f#$king raffles for stuff I can't own, at least until you help get rid of UnSAFE and all other fascist gun laws.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Im not an NRA member. Why you ask? Because my state has the highest member rate of any other state, and some of the worst gun laws while the NRA sends out stickers and hats.

Did we all forget that they only tried to take credit for the Heller decision AFTER the case was won? Before hand they were discouraging Alan Gura from filing the suit so that they could file and get the credit... which they attempt to claim anyway. The NRA is best at compromise. Compromise only leads where you didn't want to go in the first place.

I may eventually join the NRA... but only because I eventually want to be a certified instructor.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not Texas, not Tennessee... it is NEW YORK. People, as we all have come to realize the hard way, elections have consequences. The next time one of your gun owning friends tell you their votes doesn't count, smack them across the face. NY is also the number one state when it comes to voter apathy. We simply don't vote. There are a lot of us in this state. We can elect Rob Astorino if we want. EVERY VOTE COUNTS.

A recent study of eBay purchases concluded that the number one item purchased off eBay in NY was firearm accessories. You wouldn't think this to be true but, well, here you go:

eBay Survey: Firearms Are Most Popular Purchase Items In N.Y. State « CBS New York
It's never a good idea to slap a gun owner across the face.

Anywho... I think the reality and futility is that RA could be elected, but gun owners are not going to be the exclusive responsible pool to achieve it... they can't be.

Which brings me back to the beef that I have had all along. RA is not campaigning to the population as a whole (where the effective pool of votes exist) as a worthy candidate should. Many western NYers still have no idea who is running... and it isn't their fault (don't blame the voter for the campaign).

Still only negative ads out here and the few rallies that have taken place receive little press coverage due to their benign, constituent-only nature. And finding a pro Astorino ad or hearing RA in his own words on the news cycle is like trying to spot a humpback whale in Lake Ontario.

WE are all going to vote for RA... WE represent votes that are counted... BUT, we are not, cannot, be the beginning and end of a winning strategy. I promise you that the polls don't indicate an actual overwhelming preference for Cuomo... but I would go "all in" on the idea that the polls do, in fact, represent ignorance of the opposition. The lion's share of responsibility for that problem must belong to the candidate, him/herself.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I though the rules were different for non profit groups like NYSRPA. How does dick head get these big donations from non PAC people? This is from this article published today Big money still flowing to Gov. Cuomo's campaign - NY Daily News

Among the biggest donations Cuomo in the past 24 hours were $50,000 from investment banker John H. Scully; $35,000 from the Communications Workers of America District One PAC; and nearly $48,000 from Delaware North owner Jeremy Jacobs and members of his family.
Some of these guys write checks from their business . That way they skirt the rules plus there are ways around the rules but if the election campaign doesn't like your candidate then they will come after you ! This has been done before . Anyways I just stay below the rules for safe keeping ( I don't want my info before any court for doing anything political cause they sure will try to take your voting rights especially here ! ) this state with all of it's libs don't read the articles they " skim " over the article so they miss all of the details but they read headlines . So I'm up for " slinging lead today " I'm off !

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
I can't not believe that the NRA has just written off New York as a lost cause and concentrates it's money on borderline states and those they are strong in and want to remain so. They still sure like to mail me a lot to ask for more money though.....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ill take the money ide spend on the worthless NRA and put it in the SJ42 ammo supply fund.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The NRA doesn't have a PAC but does donate the same as I do . Read my other post and hopefully you understand why they do what they do .
Then what is the NRA-PVF?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts