New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got this from a friend. It's the couclusion of a letter from Sheriff O’Flynn: When he was asked for his oppion on the new law.......

Sheriffs represent all the people, and we take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York. Sheriffs will continue to enforce all laws of the state and will protect the rights of all citizens, including those rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I got this from a friend. It's the couclusion of a letter from Sheriff O'Flynn: When he was asked for his oppion on the new law.......

Sheriffs represent all the people, and we take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York. Sheriffs will continue to enforce all laws of the state and will protect the rights of all citizens, including those rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York.
Deliberately vague. There is no ability to enforce the SAFE act and the US Constitutional rights.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Sheriffs work for the people that elected them. If they clearly violate the will of their constituents, they will lose their job.

End of story.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Deliberately vague. There is no ability to enforce the SAFE act and the US Constitutional rights.
well, they could argue that until any part of the SAFE act is deemed unConstitutional by a Federal court, they are obliged to enforce them as if they are legal laws.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
well, they could argue that until any part of the SAFE act is deemed unConstitutional by a Federal court, they are obliged to enforce them as if they are legal laws.
Which directly violates the shall not be infringed portion of the 2A. There is no way to enforce the safe act without violating the 2A.

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Which directly violates the shall not be infringed portion of the 2A. There is no way to enforce the safe act without violating the 2A.
technically no law is unConstitutional until deemed so by a Federal court.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
technically no law is unConstitutional until deemed so by a Federal court.
So if a law was passed that it was legal for the cops to walk into your house anytime they want without a warrant, you are saying it is constitutional until declared not? I am afraid you have a conflict on your hands, the constitution is the supreme law of the land, any law passed by any level of government that contradicts the constitution is an unconstitutional law regardless if it has gone to court or not. The citizen has no duty to obey an unconstitutional law.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So if a law was passed that it was legal for the cops to walk into your house anytime they want without a warrant, you are saying it is constitutional until declared not? I am afraid you have a conflict on your hands, the constitution is the supreme law of the land, any law passed by any level of government that contradicts the constitution is an unconstitutional law regardless if it has gone to court or not. The citizen has no duty to obey an unconstitutional law.
All the State Police have to do to search your house without a warrant is to have an EnCon officer with them and declare that there is suspicion of a violation of an Environmental Conservation law. Fact. It has been that way since my FIL was an EnCon officer in the '70's.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
All the State Police have to do to search your house without a warrant is to have an EnCon officer with them and declare that there is suspicion of a violation of an Environmental Conservation law. Fact. It has been that way since my FIL was an EnCon officer in the '70's.
So you believe this is constitutional?

·
Registered
80 Posts
So you believe this is constitutional?
No, I most definitely don't believe that this is Constitutional but it illustrates the idea that we have been losing our rights for many, many years. We now see the "stackup" of these losses. Frankly, I've never understood why the ability of an EnCon officer to search without warrant, based on an alleged game law violation, hasn't been challenged in court. The premise is that the game law perp can dispose of the evidence while a warrant is sought but isn't that the case in any criminal investigation?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
No, I most definitely don't believe that this is Constitutional but it illustrates the idea that we have been losing our rights for many, many years. We now see the "stackup" of these losses. Frankly, I've never understood why the ability of an EnCon officer to search without warrant, based on an alleged game law violation, hasn't been challenged in court. The premise is that the game law perp can dispose of the evidence while a warrant is sought but isn't that the case in any criminal investigation?
i am really surprised that this practice has not been contested successfully in court ( well I shouldn't be this is the PRNY).

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
so what if some ******* decides that the Civil Rights Act is unConstitutional and doesn't want to serve blacks in his restaurant or sell them stuff at his store?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts