New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New York Parents, Politicians Call For State Education Commissioner John King To Resign

"In the latest controversy, parent groups are calling for New York state Commissioner of Education Dr. John King to resign. Many were enraged last week after King canceled a tour of Common Core town hall meetings -- scheduled take place across the state -- after only attending one in Poughkeepsie on Oct. 10."

Nice how he referred to concerned and fed up parents at the meeting as "special interest groups". Oh yeah, his kids go to private school. There certainly is no shortage of POS's.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
His email contact was removed from the state ed's website after that meeting. I guess he was getting a few to many comments he didn't like.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Special interest groups=extremists=vocal minority=anyone who disagrees.
I didn't think anyone is falling for blaming the teachers union this time.
I have way more faith in pissed off moms removing someone from office than I do firearms owners doing it.
More blame needs to be piled on Cuomo for the POS common core.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I didn't think anyone is falling for blaming the teachers union this time.
I have way more faith in pissed off moms removing someone from office than I do firearms owners doing it.
More blame needs to be piled on Cuomo for the POS common core.
So far he has going against him: unSafe, Fracking, and common core.

Go ahead Cuomo, keep piling this crap on.

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Commissioner King's address:

New York State Education Department
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, New York 12234
Email: [email protected]
I posted a while back about contacting John King to opt out of the 'InBloom' program, which keeps all of our kids personal information and school records in the cloud. Got a nasty letter back saying there was no opt out. Names are being added this year to the records already being stored there. In another state - Tennessee, I believe - their kids' social security numbers were 'accidentally' added. NOT a fan of this federal sharing.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
We must agree with him. He is a DOCTOR, we are f*cking idiots (as evidenced by our rejection of the rotten to its Common Core curriculum). The state is all important (gimme some mo' koolaid), the state is all important...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts