New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year, RayKnobs organized a Mosin group buy. Is anybody interested in participating in another one? I've been thinking about getting my C&R just in case there is another group buy.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
RK had one running a while back for an SKS group buy, if I remember correctly we were only short a couple of people. Guess that one crapped out, huh Ray?

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
How much are we looking at for this? If we can make it worth it, I would be in for one.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
We missed out on that deal.
They dropped the price for awhile so it was the same as a group buy. Now the price is higher.

I'll order them if you can get 9 people at $300 each. That includes shipping.
That's $40 cheaper each than buying individually
In! 8 more of you C&R holders need to step up.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I wish i wasnt buying a flintlock right now. Id like to get a mosin for my brother for Christmas. It depends on how the money goes but id definitely be interested in a sks. Thughes was a blast to shoot.

·
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's probably worth getting it, just in case we do one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interested. I should have the money to do either a mosin or sks buy, by mid October. In case this dose happen, I'll get my C&R paperwork sent in ASAP.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I got my C&R ready to mail out, but I don't really want another SKS, I've got a beautiful russian sks that I did some buying and selling to get ahold of last year.

·
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn it, you guys! I'm supposed to be saving money for a new truck.

I filled out the paperwork and will be mailing it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Only 30 bucks ofr 3 years. Whats there to lose?
You give up a lot more than $30 to get a C&R. I wouldn't get a C&R if they paid me $30.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but it is still my belief that BGCs are required for in-state transfers between C&R holders, thanks to unSAFE. I respect that others disagree with my assessment and I hope that I am wrong.

From the ATF website:
Does the Federal firearms law require licensed collectors to comply with State laws and local published ordinances which are relevant to the enforcement of the GCA?
Yes. It is unlawful for any licensed collector to sell or deliver any firearm or ammunition to any person if the person's purchase or possession would be in violation of any State law or local published ordinance applicable at the place of sale or delivery.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
You give up a lot more than $30 to get a C&R. I wouldn't get a C&R if they paid me $30.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but it is still my belief that BGCs are required for in-state transfers between C&R holders, thanks to unSAFE. I respect that others disagree with my assessment and I hope that I am wrong.

From the ATF website:
Well, I respect your interpretation and have actually discussed this with the NYSP, got 2 different answers. As far as I am concerned, FUAC, my FEDERAL firearm license trumps your stupid-azz SAFE act and I will continue to receive rifles delivered to my door without a BG check. Besides, where is the BG check done? Oh yeah, it's the "FEDERAL" NICS check. FU FU FU FU FU AC!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts