New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
19 September 2014
BRUNSWICK MAN ARRESTED FOR TAMPERING WITH PUBLIC RECORDS.

NEW YORK STATE POLICE
Major Steven James
Troop G Commander

PRESS RELEASE

The New York state Police in Brunswick, Troop "G", advise of the arrest of Leslie C. McDermott, 49, of Brunswick, NY. Mc Dermott is charged with Criminal Tampering in the first degree, a class D felony. McDermott is accused of tampering with Town of Brunswick Letterhead to create a document that purported to have been generated in the Town Building Inspector's office in order to satisfy a requirement of a real estate transaction. Town officials contacted the State Police in Brunswick to report the fraudulent document. SP Brunswick BCI investigated the case and McDermott was arrested on 09/18/2014. McDermott is scheduled to appear in Brunswick Town Court on October 1[SUP]st[/SUP] at 5:00pm​

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Building permits are only for little people:

Cuomo girlfriend Sandra Lee skips upgrade permits
And what does that have to do with this incident? He is ALLEGED to have created a false document for personal gain. That is, allegedly, an intentional crime, as opposed to someone failing to get a building permit. Which people do every single day, to avoid paying the absurd fees. In my Town, a building permit costs $1600. That is why the expeditors earn a fortune legalizing rooms and decks when people want to sell their home.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing to do with a building permit. you are assuming.
what it has to do with a gun shop owner is if you do business with him, have something ordered, layaway consignment you might be left holding the bag if and when atf revokes his license. under the safe act the judge may revoke his pistol permit, if that happens his long guns are taken away. how do you think that will play with the atf? it is a warning to people who may not know what is going on. deal with him at your own risk.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
nothing to do with a building permit. you are assuming.
what it has to do with a gun shop owner is if you do business with him, have something ordered, layaway consignment you might be left holding the bag if and when atf revokes his license. under the safe act the judge may revoke his pistol permit, if that happens his long guns are taken away. how do you think that will play with the atf? it is a warning to people who may not know what is going on. deal with him at your own risk.
I was not the one who brought up the building permit. Please quote the right people. I was answering the post about cumos girlfriend and the building permit.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
What Green Island gun store are you referring to? Veterans Gun Depot? That place is closed.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
he was selling from home while he was waiting to build his new place in Brunswick. I guess the wait was too long.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just trying to let gun owners, buyers, sellers know what is happening with this guy. he sells guns, buys guns that is what is has to do with guns. you may not get what you pay for. you may not get paid if he sells something for you. you may not get the gun you bought out of state and shipped to him.

do business with him at your own risk.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I hope he is guilty and found such.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I heard a rumor he sold green island gun range to another Lgs with a much better reputation and was going to open a new store and range in Brunswick .
i am sure it has everything to do with the new place and he thought he could get away with it, gonna be bad for his dealer license and what little business he did

·
Registered
405 Posts
I heard a rumor he sold green island gun range to another Lgs with a much better reputation and was going to open a new store and range in Brunswick .
i am sure it has everything to do with the new place and he thought he could get away with it, gonna be bad for his dealer license and what little business he did
I can help with this a little.
Veterans Gun in Green Island rented the space. A local family Grimm, as in Grimm building Materials, owns the building. Veterans Gun stopped paying rent and was evicted.
I've heard Brian that owns a few LGS has an agreement to lease that space. Right now he is busy setting up a gun shop in Bennington VT for us guys close to the border needing ammo.;)

As far as Veterans Gun re-opening I don't know too much or even if it's the same owner. It's supposed to near CapCom on Hoosick Street.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Veterans Gun Depot? The place with that 3 mile handicap ramp to the front door? Damn, I was just there in April, I didn't know they closed.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Thats what the media does. It associates guns with criminals to all those that see the title and dont read the article.

So what exactly does this have to do with him owning a gun shop?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.