New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys any people recently receive their permit? how was the process? I am waiting on one more reference and going to hand it in soon. Just wondering what to expect.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Really depends on which Judge you sit with as to whether or not you get a restricted or unrestricted...If I remember right, I think Lawler (sp) gives unrestricted. Just depends on when your application comes to the top of the pile and who is sitting that month. Good luck!

Edit: Lalor gives restricted an Pulver gives unrestricted

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I wish i got my permit while i still lived in greene county. I grew up there, im in the middle of waiting to hear back on mine in westchester now, and the process is a serious pita. Good luck with yours. My good buddy has unrestricted up there, but it wasnt issued that way.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I wish i got my permit while i still lived in greene county. I grew up there, im in the middle of waiting to hear back on mine in westchester now, and the process is a serious pita. Good luck with yours. My good buddy has unrestricted up there, but it wasnt issued that way.
I wrote to my judge here in Madison and asked him if I could use Greene county references since thats where I grew up...He said yes and I got my permit unrestricted here with references from there no problem.

·
Registered
876 Posts
It has been 4 months that my son turned in his paperwork in Greene County. He is still waiting. I don't understand why he needs to interview with a judge? Can someone explain this to me? I live in Dutchess Co and they only issue full carry permits. Does my son have to state his case as to why he wants a fully carry?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
meet with officer turned in app and he said ok go get printed. So I ran home, ok I drove. looked up locations and found one in albany open on monday and went in the same day got printed and mailed the paper in today. The waiting game has begun.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes, I understand that all prints are electronic now but they didn't do the full prints for you? You had to elsewhere?

·
Registered
876 Posts
That is very strange. My son was printed at the Greene Co. Sheriffs Office. They did the thumb first as you said, then a few weeks later the did the complete set.

·
Registered
876 Posts
No more than 4 months ago. I have never heard of going to a private company to get printed. I would think that all law enforcement locations have finger printing available.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess they do if your arrested , but I think this is for the background check. I think the prints go to the DOJ and FBI.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Wow, it's amazing on how counties handle their permit process. When I applied for my Full Carry in Dutchess Co., the Sheriff Dept took all the prints. I waited 6 weeks from the time I had my prints taken until the time I had my permit in hand.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts