New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home Click "Home" for the link. Shawangunk Fish and Game. Great place to shoot trap! My buddy brought me there when I asked him where there is to shoot around Middletown.I have been learning over there and getting much better. Even though it is a club non member are welcome to shoot trap. $4.50 a round for non members( 3.50 for members). This place is great, everyone is really friendly and have been happy to help me learn. It does not have that pretentious vibe I have gotten trying it out at other places, but a lot of the people there are great shooters none the less. If your a beginner like me or a seasoned shooter its a great spot to go. They have wobble trap as well, and I think doubles which I have not done YET. The rifle and pistol ranges are members only, but you can get a membership for the range, just trap, or everything. Its fairly priced all around, IMO. If you want info on this place you can call (845)343-3405 and leave a message. If your interested in shooting trap over there you can call Mark at (845)341-3405. I had to throw this place a mention up on here. I have been REALLY enjoying my time over there so I wanted to pass it on to the other Orange County members of this forum.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
This is in Middletown? Never heard of it. What size ranges do they have for rifle? AR friendly? Had my application in at Blackrock for several months with no response whatsoever. Definitely would be interested in learning about this club.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, in Middletown. I am thinking about becoming a full member myself. Not sure about AR friendly( although I hope so). Think its a 100 yrd rifle range, so I dont see why not. Not long range by far, but enough to practice a bit. Follow the link in the beginning of my post to check them out, and leave them a message on the club number (845)343-3405 and I am sure someone will call you back. Let them know you saw it posted on this forum if you want. They shoot trap on Wed. night, Fri. night, and Sundays. Thats usually when they do callbacks for the rest of the club from what I understand.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ok, lol just called and did the leg work for everyone :)
Pricing: 200.00 a year and a one time 100.00 fee. If your a Vet (army, Air Force, Marines, etc) you do not have to pay the 100.00 fee.
The 200.00 per year is for range only.
If you want a full membership (which includes range, trap, hunting, fishing, etc) it is 375.00 a year plus the one time 100.00 fee).

The person I spoke to was Linda. She was very helpful and she is probably the one you want to ask for when you call (845)343-3405.

You can come and join at any time they are open for trap there is no "membership or enrollment days" The trap days are Wednesday & Friday 6:00pm-8:00pm and Sundays noon-4:00 or 5:00pm.

You can also call James Cole for membership a 845-342-1344. Linda stated you can get a tour of the place and join on the spot.They just don't have the membership pins when will be mailed to you later.

Ok I am going to go check this place out on the 22ndafter work money willing. If I like it I will hopefully join if my funds permit and report back to you guys.

I have been looking to stop paying these range fees and shoot more often this may be my chance. Even though Bethlehem rod & Gun is closer for me and order slightly more they only take members the 4th Monday of every July so I missed the boat on that. anyone else thinking of joining this place?

·
Registered
133 Posts
this is a great club. they do a lot for the veterans and are very civic minded. A nice facility, nice prices and friendly people. check it out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
OK I just got back from taking a tour of the club. I liked it alot. The thing that stuck out the most to me is that the grounds were VERY well maintained and landscaped. They do a good job with that. The trap range was nice. The rifle range was nice and had alot of stations. The pistol range looked like it went back to about 20 yards but it was hard to be certain.
They also had a small pond there that is full of trout which is cool. The gentleman that gave me the tour was very friendly and also everyone I spoke with was friendly and I didnt feel like "I didnt belong there". Also met a forum member from here there. Nice place overall and I can say I recommend it if you like to shoot. I def recommend it if you like to hunt and fish also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts