New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a fantastic article and it obliterates that he/she judge's decision in MD with FACTS and LOGIC starting in the 11th paragraph. WE NEED TO RAM ALL OF THESE POINTS HOME IN OUR LAWSUITS!

The Second Amendment's Defining Moment - Forbes

On the flip side it shows how our rights can be eviscerated by corrupt judges that rule on emotion and for political reasoning rather than in defense of the Constitution and freedom.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Judge Blake noted all this but then wrote: "First, the court is not persuaded that assault weapons are commonly possessed based on the absolute number of those weapons owned by the public. Even accepting that there are 8.2 million assault weapons in the civilian gun stock, as the plaintiffs claim, assault weapons represent no more than 3% of the current civilian gun stock, and ownership of those weapons is highly concentrated in less than 1% of the U.S. population."
Can you freakin imagine if some Judge had used the same logic about gays? HOLY CRAP the Media would be screaming!

This is so ripe to be overturned on so many levels.

Legislatures have to grow a set and when a rogue judge surfaces simply cut-off funding for that judge. She either pays her staff out of her own pocket or that office shuts down and the case load is shifted to another judge. After 2 or 3 of these the message will be loud and clear. Either you Judge by the rule of law or you can not judge. PERIOD as Obama would say.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
it was a good read... even if I wasnt pro2a i dont understand how people can be so blind and ignorant to deny the basic right to self defense. its like telling a caveman he cant use a spear to defend his family, and that he must only use a club... how can you tell someone what they can and cant use to defend themselves, its ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
It makes you wonder how someone who is so blatently steered by their political affiliation can be put in a position of an impartial judge. We have been led to believe that Judges are impartial and rule strictly by the law but case after case shows how untrue this is. I fear the only real justification we're going to get is after bloodshed. Some over zealous law enforcement officer, executing an unconstitutional search and seazure, is going to get killed by a lawful gun owner defending his rights. FUAC!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I am not sure why you referenced Tom King in the header - NYSRPA has to deal with the real world situation in NY state. I am no Tom King fan, but reciting facts and logic to the NY state legislature is about as effective as yelling at a brick.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
Legislatures have to grow a set and when a rogue judge surfaces simply cut-off funding for that judge. She either pays her staff out of her own pocket or that office shuts down and the case load is shifted to another judge. After 2 or 3 of these the message will be loud and clear. Either you Judge by the rule of law or you can not judge. PERIOD as Obama would say.
You really want judges to bow to the whims of the legislature? You don't see the massive can of worms that this would open? So much for separation of powers. While our system isn't perfect, I'll say "No Thanks" to this.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not sure why you referenced Tom King in the header - NYSRPA has to deal with the real world situation in NY state. I am no Tom King fan, but reciting facts and logic to the NY state legislature is about as effective as yelling at a brick.
Well, the whole Americans with Disability Act approach of fighting unsafe didn't work... I guess I just want to make sure our lawyers have available to them every piece of information, including how others are challenging this law, at their disposal to defeat this unconstitutional law. Bottom line, cold hard facts are irrefutable in an unbiased court.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You really want judges to bow to the whims of the legislature? You don't see the massive can of worms that this would open? So much for separation of powers. While our system isn't perfect, I'll say "No Thanks" to this.
Not saying that, when the judge ignores the rule of law (constitution) then the legislature should step in, lord knows the SCOTUS is not going to do it.
When it was determined that YOU have the right to remain silent every police officer in the US was re-trained and given little cards to read the Rights.
States and Counties had to set up Public Defender Offices for those that could not afford an attorney.
Now look at Heller and McDonald. Courts are still being allowed to disregard them and do what their own ideology leads them to do with no avenue of compliance. When a judge goes rogue cut off their funds.

·
Registered
899 Posts
9th circuit predicted her dismal failure:

The majority decision in Peruta said, "Our reading of the Second Amendment is akin to the Seventh Circuit's interpretation [in Shepard v. Madigan] … and at odds with the approach of the Second, Third, and Fourth Circuits…. We are unpersuaded by the decisions of the Second, Third, and Fourth Circuits for several reasons. First, contrary to the approach in Heller, all three courts declined to undertake a complete historical analysis of the scope and nature of the Second Amendment right outside the home…. As a result, they misapprehend both the nature of the Second Amendment right and the implications of state laws that prevent the vast majority of responsible, law-abiding citizens from carrying in public for lawful self-defense purposes."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts