New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having one of the best weekends in a long time!
Our grandson (5 y/o) is spending the weekend with Grandpa and Grandma. We went to the aquarium earlier today, Grandpa cooked out, we just had pumpkin pie, and now I have my hunting blind set up in the living room as a campsite for him.
He is even set up with my sleeping bag. I of course am going to sack out on the couch!
This weekend was needed for us as my Mom passed away unexpectedly 2 weeks ago! My wife's mother fell and broke her hip earlier in the month and had to have surgery, and rehab (going home Tuesday).
This has been like a therapy session for us, we really are having a GREAT time with him! He is a really good boy with GREAT manners (I'm not just saying that because he's our Grandson)!
Tomorrow I am going to make apple-cinnamon pancakes for he and Grandma!
He usually comes and stays with us 1 weekend a month and we try to do something fun! He's pretty easy and most times is fine with just hanging with Grandpa!

· Head of Bacon Operations
3,679 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss but so thrilled you are making amazing memories with the grandson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.