New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell "Anxious and Frightened" by Armed Citizen | The Truth About Guns

"I sit in our City Commission meeting week after week anxious and frightened because a civilian with a gun is in this chamber. I know that he can kill me, and probably others at this table or in these chambers, before the police officer in the rear of the room can react. Carrying a gun always, always represents the threat to use that gun to kill or maim another. That, after all, is why these people carry their guns.

Crap, he's onto us.

"I urge all citizens who feel as I do to take action. Arm yourselves with the righteousness of our position. If you see an armed person come into a store or restaurant, alert others and leave the establishment. If you see an armed person in a shopping mall or movie theatre, alert security and leave the building. If you see an armed person approaching a school, call the police. You see we can never know what that individual's intention may be. We must always err on the side of public safety rather than regretting later, when people are dead, that we didn't act."

Teach everyone to be afraid. Good plan. Because that CCW or open carrier would be the first person to stand up for you while you're getting mugged. On second thought, I'm scared of muggers. So I'll just run away and leave you to fend for yourself.

BAAAAAAAAA (sheep noise)

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
"I sit in our City Commission meeting week after week anxious and frightened because a civilian with a gun is in this chamber. I know that he can kill me, and probably others at this table or in these chambers, before the police officer in the rear of the room can react. Carrying a gun always, always represents the threat to use that gun to kill or maim another.

Yes, Thats kinda the reason it deters crime, ya see how that works?

Interesting that he admitted a person can be killed before an officer can react. He pretty much made our case right there.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
"I sit in our City Commission meeting week after week anxious and frightened because a civilian with a gun is in this chamber. I know that he can kill me, and probably others at this table or in these chambers, before the police officer in the rear of the room can react. Carrying a gun always, always represents the threat to use that gun to kill or maim another. That, after all, is why these people carry their guns.
Finally, a politician who gets it! May they all get it sooner rather than later!

It is because most of them no longer fear the People that we have been brought to this present state, wherein our government is no longer a servant to its rightful masters.

If they were all as afraid as this guy claims, knowing that armed Patriots expect their representatives to actually govern according to the plain meaning of the Constitution and within the boundaries and checks and balances set therein, the United States would not be teetering on the brink of banana republic status, and the average John Q. Public tax payer would not feel the need to buy up every last damn box of ammunition.

And its not "these people," its the People numb nut. You'd know that if you cared about that oath you swore to uphold something or other while your right hand was on the Book.

·
Registered
877 Posts
"I'de like to add that my armed guards are excluded from my statements, because they make me feel safer. Instead of buying a gun and taking your safety into your own hands, please hire a guard. Oh, and on a more important note, welfare checks should be bigger. Vote Heartwell!"

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
A few days ago I spoke to someone who cried and trembled and basically had a breakdown when her brother took her to the range with a .22 to show her how to shoot. The fear she expressed of a gun ("because it can kill someone!") was palpable. I still can't understand it but I'm guessing this guy is the same way.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
He would have a ****fit over here. Everyone openly carries a gun if not two guns. Amazing how in a place that has up to 20,000 people carrying guns in one place nobody gets shot on a hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly basis. I have seen some pretty nice weapons being carried over here, SBRs, Bulpups, full length rifles, Sigs, Glocks, Berettas a and a bunch on some that I have not seen since my time visiting the places that were behind the iron curtian and the Balkins. So many cool weapons over here carried openly. Not a place for the Mayor.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
And they call US paranoid?

Holy crap! This guy needs some serious therapy.

He also needs to get out of public office. He obviously cannot handle the responsibility.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Liberal *****.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You shouldn't be "afraid" of guns....rather respect them and for what their use is intended. A gun is a tool.....nothing more. And like a craftsmen will always say..".the right tool for the job."

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
LOL.. This is so bad you can't even make the shiit up!

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Text book holophobe. How much you want to bet he's got Grand Rapids PD to watch over him 24/7.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
On a side note I used to know someone from Grand Rapids that expressed pretty much the same opinion on guns and gun control. Maybe they put something in the water there to turn everyone's brains to mush.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Wow, can't even imagine the thoughts that run through this guys head. He definitely shouldn't be in public office serving the citizens. Listening to he reactions makes me want to puke. Liberal ****

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
If you see an armed person in a shopping mall or movie theatre, alert security and leave the building. If you see an armed person approaching a school, call the police.
Yes...YES! Please, by all means, do this!

If all I have to do to get crowds out of my way, and make my shopping experience more pleasant, is carry a legal firearm, I'm very excited about this wonderful secondary benefit. If I bring a legal firearm into a movie theater, please, by all means, leave. I'm paying around $15 for a prime-time ticket and I don't want you blathering Liberal numb-nuts bothering me while you text on your iPhone about the next latte you plan to swill.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
The psych of gun control freaks - incite emotion and fear with your statements because stats do not work. Holophobe? I doubt it..it's the new brain washing cry for *it's for the children* mantra we hear over and over again.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
LIBERAL REPELLANT
(aka 'gun on a table')

1 - 20 of 31 Posts