New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ton of "likes" for the Astorino contribution. A couple of people posted similar threads. For the most part it was "I'm going to buy XYZ with it". We have been *****ing about FUAC for the past two years. Here's a little cold hard fact. The odds are against Astorino unseating FUAC. What are we maybe 100 regular contributors on this site? Maybe 250 occasional contributors? We can ***** day and night about how bad things are, maybe put up a couple of lawn signs and FUAC is going to be elected again in Nov. If Astorino stands any chance at all its going to take money, and alot of it, to get his name out there. Only way we stand a chance. So think about it and I hope you reach into your pockets and send it a contribution. The time is now.

/rant

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
The more the better, but it doesn't even have to hurt. There are an estimated 6 million gun owners in NY State. At just $10 per we're talking $60 MILLION! That's double Cuomo's campaign fund. Just $10 per person could very likely lock up this race. Is it worth $10 to see Andy cry?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Why don't we do something like a huge bake sale to raise money? But instead of baked goods sell things like brass bullets and other stuff we can spare. Not only would we be helping out our fellow shooter's keep shooting it would be a great way to inform people on what's going on. It's also a big FU to you know who. I'm sure it would make news. Upside down Remington cake anyone?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Money can only go so far, unfortunately. I've donated, put the word out, bumper sticker, whole 9. There will always be lazy people who dont vote, there will be stubborn leftists that think Cuomo is the modern Jesus. You don't have to hear of Cuomos opposition. If you like Cuomo, you'll vote for him. If you dont, why would you?

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm sad that I won't be getting a check so I could donate it to Astorinos campaign.

Of course I've donated on my own, but it would be great to use FUAC's money that was actually my money to begin with, so I could truly put it to good use.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I'm anxiously awaiting my $350 bribe tax rebate in the mail. Half goes to Rob, the other half is going to ammo. I can't think of any more ironic way to spend it.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I would love to give Rob the whole thing. I just don't think the Mrs. is gonna be ok with that. So... maybe I'll sneak off a chunk and donate some anyway.

I have to get the ****ing thing first though.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I put $50.00 in as well. I've been paying my wife's bills this entire summer and everything, EVERYTHING I saved up from last november is GONE. I had to put the donation on my CC and I almost never use it.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Ive been steadily contributing, started with $100, then $25 here, $50 there. I found, maybe its psychological, that if you contribute a small amount weekly, say $25, it;s easier to make than a single big donation so it makes it easier.
For me, anyway.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT! ROB ASTORINO IN 2014!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'll also add, what disappoints ME is when I see how many active members vs. members there are on this site. What happens, why do people fall off the NYF wagon??

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I would have posted an "I made a contribution" reply if I had recieved a check but seeing as my sons are no longer are dependents I apparently don't pay any taxes. This whole extra refund only for people with dependents is a crock of poo.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
i wish there were more active members on this forum... the numbers have dwindles, but thats largely because there isnt much in the way of new firearms for us to discuss, and politically/legally, there hasnt been any freaking movement on the unsafe act.

·
Registered
905 Posts
i just donated $1900 in school taxes and no kids so no rebate. living on a fixed income and putting money aside for january's county taxes of $2000. so i guess rob just gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I have to say I disagree with you on this post. I would never give any Pol $350 of my hard earned money no matter what they tell me there going to do for me. They all start out telling us how they are going to do this or that and what they stand for ( just like GILLABRAND/SHUMER one in the same ) As much as I like Astorino and have donated this election cycle, he still is a Pol. I think you're anger should be with the rest of the so called republican party not the gun owners who do support Rob. Just remember not many guys can afford to donate that kind of money to any political organization. I will say I respect what you did with (you're money ) A.K.A. state bribe.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Can we set up a collection at the firearms appreciation event?

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Remind me again how much the Republican Governors Association has donated?:eek:oh:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
What Kevin said. I gave Astorino $5 and I NEVER donate. I haven't even given McDermott money and I LIKE him lol. Also, I disagree with people who claim this is Andy's money. This $350 is MY money. Always was. My family needs it more than any politician does.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have made donations every couple of weeks. The wife gets pissed at me but that's nothing compared to having dick head for 4 more years!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts