New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at Niagara gun range, mostly to get used to shooting my glock and test my new M&P Barrel/Locking block.
I have several Dan Wessons that I like to shoot, if you know dan wesson you know that their DA pull is rather "industrial" although there is no rival to their accuracy potential.
I was at the counter and saw a 627 I asked to see it and if I could dry fire it. Holy crap! The DA pull on the S&W felt lighter than my Glock and much smoother with a bit more travel.
I did not bother to check the SA pull, but the DA is really something to write home about and having 8 rounds it is a short stroke for the trigger.

Needless to say I walked away with a much lighter wallet.
Damn shame there is no steel or ICORE matches around here.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
So I was at Niagara gun range, mostly to get used to shooting my glock and test my new M&P Barrel/Locking block.
I have several Dan Wessons that I like to shoot, if you know dan wesson you know that their DA pull is rather "industrial" although there is no rival to their accuracy potential.
I was at the counter and saw a 627 I asked to see it and if I could dry fire it. Holy crap! The DA pull on the S&W felt lighter than my Glock and much smoother with a bit more travel.
I did not bother to check the SA pull, but the DA is really something to write home about and having 8 rounds it is a short stroke for the trigger.

Needless to say I walked away with a much lighter wallet.
Damn shame there is no steel or ICORE matches around here.
Don't know about the new Dan Wesson's, but the ones made in the 80's and early 90's have no rival in the trigger or accuracy department short of a custom gun. the New Smiths are nice tho. Blasdell runs steel on some Sundays and Thursdays.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I bought one a little over a week ago. Excellent firearm. Just waiting on Albany County to process my ammendment

1 - 3 of 3 Posts