New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some more .22 and the ever hard to find(in my area anyways) .22WMR..

I really like this federal stuff, haven't seen any of it in probably 2 years now.. I saw it in the Dicks ad this morning and raced over right when they opened.. There was a lot of people there doing the same.. I probably saw 20 other people there and they all boxes of the .22 and other ammo.. I'd be surprised if it lasts through the day.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I guess it's time to check the Dicks over this way ! Maybe they are starting to get some of the 525,s in . We like those cause we can turn on the " shooting gallery " we bought it just to keep the grand kids occupied when they visit . They have shot up just about all of my stash in the last 3 times they have visited ! That " shooting gallery " has more than payed for it's self cause they will burn through a couple of bricks and never have to rest the targets . I also found a dueling tree for 357 , 9 mm from spinning targets right here in NY . They also make one for rimfire . They are quality made , entertains for the afternoon or all day depending on just how pressing your day is ! ( No I do not own or am not part of the company ) I'm just pretty happy with their targets ! They have all kinds of different steel targets for anything you want to shoot .

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I have a Marlin 882 in 22mag, it likes the Federal ammo. The CCI ammo just doesn't group well in it, I like the plastic container the CCI comes in, I buy the Federal ammo and transfer it in to the CCI plastic container.
Last Friday while at the local mCabelas looking for 22 ammo ythey had a like new Marlin 882 in the used gun rack for $199 so I put it on lay away.

Locally the Cabelas has been getting in the Winchester 333 packs and 50 round boxes of the CCI Standard Velocity ammo.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't seen any federal .22 mag.. I have some Winchester .22 mag but my Savage Mod 93 doesn't shoot it all that well. It seems shoot the CCI stuff the best but so rarely, even more rarely than .22lr find any .22WMR that take what can get haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts