New York Firearms Forum banner

Good spinning reel for bass fishing

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  whauburger 
#1 ·
I have been taking my kids fishing a lot lately and want to get a set up for myself. I'm not new to fishing but I lost my best friend and fishing buddy 6 years ago. It kind if killed the fishing vibe for me as it would just depress me and I gave all my gear away. Now that my kids are really enjoying it I want to start back up again. I'm looking for a good real for under $100. I'm not sure what's good anymore, I have looked online but there's just so much out there it makes my head spin. Thanks!

#2 ·
Without details on what kind of bass (I'm assuming small/large and not stripers), for spinning, I've always used Shimano, though not the real pricey stuff. To be honest, I also had one from BassPro (their label) and it wasn't too bad either. You can have one for less than $70 and they will last as long as you maintain and clean it.

#6 ·
Gunsick I use a cheap reel from walmart , it works great . The only thing I can advise is to get one with the most bearings you can get ( they are smoother casting and retrieve ) plus if you stay under 25 - 35 dollars for the whole setup . The best one I own is a whupping stick from cabelas ( it's pretty much unbreakable but will haul in the toughest bastards you can meet up with ) Shakespeare , okuma, . They are all pretty good anymore . Technology has come along way ! Have fun getting some . FYI for fishing panfish I use a 6 ft ultralight I got from bass pro them bull gills are fun on 4 pound test fluorocarbon !if you need more info a PM me and I will help ya out !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.