New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just got his permit, Lancaster resident, took 5 months start to finish, got his letter Saturday, no unconstitutional restriction listed in the letter , hopefully they are all going that smooth.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I have had students reporting times at about 6 months or less in a handful of towns. This is great for everyone!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Unless he's L.E. I'd be surprised if it didn't have restrictions

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not to worry - They will be on the permit and a new letter they give at the office. I just got my letter saturday and picked up my permit today.

6 months 1 week.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Well at least they seem to be moving them along a little quicker!
Now they just need to stop the crazy restrictions!!
Baby steps I guess!!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Damn I hope this means I'll be getting mine soon.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Not to worry - They will be on the permit and a new letter they give at the office. I just got my letter saturday and picked up my permit today.

6 months 1 week.
So the initial approval letter doesn't tell you what restrictions (if any) apply to permit? I don't want to have any illusions if/when I get my letter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So the initial approval letter doesn't tell you what restrictions (if any) apply to permit? I don't want to have any illusions if/when I get my letter.
That is correct -

I indeed had great illusions - only to have them crushed at the office

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
'll just wait until all of this crap is overturned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I turned mine in the beginning of march. One of my references is moing out of state at the end of the year and went in to tell the office. They assured me that they'll get to it sometime in November.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Been waiting 15 months PD still hasn't talk to references in depew

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Is it possible that the rush for permits has started to wane?
It doesn't matter. Think of how long it took for those who applied pre sandy hook. 15 months for me and I submitted April 2012. It will take at least a year or longer to get through the backlog of permits . I do not know exact numbers of new applications but it must have been high for the first part of 2013.

·
Registered
140 Posts
almost a year here.. and still no call from cheek.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Goin on 10 months for me (town of Evans)
I personally think that accepting these encroachments on our civil rights is a defeatist attitude and hope the Tresmonds really turn NYS on it's head as far as gun rights go

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Maybe the pistol permit judge hates Quomo and his Safe Act. The more legitimate permits out there the more work for Albany and the gun grabbers. Don't forget to sign a FOID opt-out form. Chris Jacobs (county clerk) is a big SCOPE/NRA supporter as well.

Quomo administration crashing and burning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts