New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.......I am in the process of building a very expensive target AR......Since I have this much invested i want a hard case I can use to protect the rifle,modular if possible so I can carry it taken down.....It has a 18" barrel,no muzzle brake and a Magpul PRS stock......Suggestions anyone ??? Pics or links please....Thank you everyone...!

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
pelican cases make what you are looking for, but they are spendy,

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a Boyt case for my AR but they ain't cheap. I made a foam cutter to cut the foam. BOYTH36.jpg IMG_0026.jpg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I bought a Boyt case for my AR but they ain't cheap. I made a foam cutter to cut the foam. View attachment 9540 View attachment 9541
you can also get unlined insulation foam about 2 inches thick and use a small hand saw to easily saw through it after marking outline with pan and adding and extra 1/4 inch around all sides and then lining foam in velvet (leaving extra in pockets for parts of rifle to fall in

it would take about 3 hours to do if your case sides are fairly straight like phatbobs is, and comes out looking like its for display

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can also get unlined insulation foam about 2 inches thick and use a small hand saw to easily saw through it after marking outline with pan and adding and extra 1/4 inch around all sides and then lining foam in velvet (leaving extra in pockets for parts of rifle to fall in

it would take about 3 hours to do if your case sides are fairly straight like phatbobs is, and comes out looking like its for display
That sounds interesting......More details please ?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Depending on how much you like the rifle, I'd go with the pelican case. I use dremel to cut out my foam, cleaner cut.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depending on how much you like the rifle, I'd go with the pelican case. I use dremel to cut out my foam, cleaner cut.
For the $2,300 I am going to have invested in it by the time I am done,like it ??? LOL.....I freakin love it....!! I am going to be buried with this rifle,hell I might even legally marry it.....:)
Yes I like the looks of the Pelicans.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts