New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations for good apocalypse stories like "Lights Out" or "77 Days in September." No zombie crap, other worlds, etc. I prefer scenarios that could happen. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
There is one called "one second after" that I have heard good things about. I haven't got a copy of it yet.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
movies or books?

ever see the movie "The divide" its not the greatest, but it was a messed up movie. and they always give food for thought, no pun intended.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
There is one called "one second after" that I have heard good things about. I haven't got a copy of it yet.
It's pretty scary but has a happy ending (spoiler alert.) I would recommend paying cash for this book so the NSA can't track your extremist reading habits.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
movies or books?

ever see the movie "The divide" its not the greatest, but it was a messed up movie. and they always give food for thought, no pun intended.
Looking for books. digital format.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I am sure the NSA is tracking all my posts from Afghanistan and just waiting to put me on the no fly list so I can't come back. Lol

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
1. Dies the fire -- a little improbable as it is science fiction about what happens if an "event" makes electrical devices and gunpower/explosives inoperable. Improbable but a good read and explores how society breaks down and rebuilds.
2. Soft Apocalypse-- a little more probable but some Sci-fi with designer ( human engineered) viruses
3. One second after
4. EMP Equipping Modern Patriots-- more of what you are looking for

5. the "joe nobody" books
6. the classic "Earth abides"

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
One Second After
Patriots (and series by Rawles)
Alas, Babylon
Fifty Shades of, er, no...my bad
I liked The Passage by Justin Cronin.

I too enjoy apocalypse fiction. Thread subscribed...

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've read" one second after" a number of times and both JW Rawles books, Patriots, and Survivors highly recommend them

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Have you read "Monster Hunters International" by Larry Correia?

I had the fortune and pleasure of reading each these threads, in real time as they unfolded, into a full-on serialized story- which basically started his career as a writer.

Be forwarned though that each of these threads are ADDICTIVE and you won't be able stop reading!

"So There I Was Again....Tales From The Road"
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=82479

And
"Welcome Back, Mr. Nightcrawler!"
www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=207390

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Patriots and of course Alas Babylon for starters.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
It's a book and a manual on surviving all kinds of bad stuff and bad guys. My first edition disintegrated, so I had to buy the newer one.

NSA tracking - he!! - if you're on this forum or ARFcom or Sipsey Street Irregulars or have a NYS CCW you're already on a sh!t ton of "lists". I wish I knew what .GOV lists I'm on - I count them as the badges of freedom.

[email protected]#K .GOV and all their lists.

PS - And I'm not being cranky, I already had my first and only cup of coffee "lite".

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Have you read "Monster Hunters International" by Larry Correia?

I had the fortune and pleasure of reading each these threads, in real time as they unfolded, into a full-on serialized story- which basically started his career as a writer.

Be forwarned though that each of these threads are ADDICTIVE and you won't be able stop reading!

"So There I Was Again....Tales From The Road"
So There I Was Again...Tales from the Road - THR

And
"Welcome Back, Mr. Nightcrawler!"
www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=207390

Thanks for that, just spent the last 2 days reading.. I didn't really like it so much when Correia started his alternate story but it all came together pretty good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts