New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a lot done around the camp today.

Replaced the railing around the balcony off our bedroom overlooking Lake George. Leaves are turning and coming down opening up some more views of the lake. Awesome.

Powerwashed the deck and walkway.

Cleaned the pine needles off the roof of my garage/woodshop.

Finally took down the Christmas wreath that's been hanging over the garage since 2001, lol. It was time.

Cleaned up around the yard and burned some old palets.

BBQ'd some awesome NY strips and sliced it with a new custom made Knife I bought off a forum member. What an awesome Knife! Now I want to buy some more for some friends for Christmas, lol.

Opened a nice bottle of French wine (normally I hate the French, but they got give them two thumbs up for their wine. It was given to me by my best friend who passed away at 38 a couple of years ago. RIP Mikeee.

Found out Courier was banned, lol.

Now sitting around a camp fire by myself enjoying a Padron 1964 and a Sam Adams trying to drum up some conversation with some NYF members, lol. Kinda like family at this point, lol.

Yeah, great day overall. Anybody else have a good day?

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gods country. Try to go as often as possible which is usually every weekend. Put it on the market last week. Economy sucks. Trying to get a few more good memories in before starting a new chapter....

· Registered
491 Posts
Sounds like a good day.....We met some friends of ours from PA today for lunch, seeings how our plans for taking off on the bikes for the weekend was ruined by mother nature, but we had a nice lunch anyways.

· Registered
8,342 Posts
Thanks bro. I'd live up here in a heartbeat but better half is having none of that, lol. Killing me but it is the right thing to do financially for the family.
Sometimes the right think for mental health (relaxing less stress life) is more important than financial health! Maybe retire there someday.

How far was it from your house? I just sold my lake place this year.

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don"t get me started...

I could live up here mortgage and debt free with $2,400 a year taxes. Nope< have to work the rest of my life to live in Cornwall, which is a great town, but expensive... Ugh...

· Registered
10,544 Posts
Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes, right? I used to live down in your neck of the woods, so I totally understand how expensive it can get. It's the reason I moved upstate.

No worries though, this could just be a temporary situation. For all you know, in a couple years time, you might have an even BETTER camp. You just have to stick it through this dry spell. ;)

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sometimes the right think for mental health (relaxing less stress life) is more important than financial health! Maybe retire there someday.

How far was it from your house? I just sold my lake place this year.
I just saw the second part. LG is 2 1/2 hrs north of Cornwall. Still here for now. Just put it on the market. Hopefully it doesn't sell, lol.

· Registered
8,342 Posts
Price it so high that it won't sell and if it does you can buy a new place! 2 .5 hours is a bit far for every weekend! My place was an hour and a half and that got old quick (and expensive)!

· Registered
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Price it so high that it won't sell and if it does you can buy a new place! 2 .5 hours is a bit far for every weekend! My place was an hour and a half and that got old quick (and expensive)!
Not high for LG, there's empty lots going for more with a lake view. I've been coming up here pretty much every weekend for the past 21 years. Had the place for 12. Definitely do not want to sell :(

· Registered
8,342 Posts
Not high for LG, there's empty lots going for more with a lake view. I've been coming up here pretty much every weekend for the past 21 years. Had the place for 12. Definitely do not want to sell :(
Sorry to hear that. I would take LG over city life any day but I'm sure the jobs are not there.

· Registered
8,342 Posts
Not on the lake. I've got a friend with a great place lake front who's paying $42K per year in taxes. I'm also in the same town as the Sagamore and they end up footing alot of the bill... ssorry bad link Welcome to The Sagamore Resort on Lake George | Top Menu
I don't care if it's on the lake. 42k a year in taxes is robbery anyway you look at it. I can't wait to leave this state. My friend in FL pays the same about in property tax as I do. He's right on the water and the house is 4 times the size of mine. I'm out of here asap!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.