New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A frind came over this morning at 8:30 to go out target shooting. We got back to my place at 5pm. We took a bunch of guns, I took two SP101s a327 Federal Magnum and a 9mm, A Ruger Security-Six 357mag, a Redhawk 44mag, a Ruger Mark2, a Colt 1911, A S&W 642 Airweight, ARossi 971 - 357mag, A Marlin 22lr Rifle, A Ithaca X5 Lightning 22lr Rifle and my Springfield M1 Garand.

My friend took his M90 (AK) a Ruger SR1911, A Colt Automatic 22lr (I bought it from him), a 9mm I think it was a Beretta, He had a couple of others, I don't remember what they were.

It was the first time shooting up at this place, it is six miles in off of the main road. Beutifull place, Way up a mountain close to the snowline. The road is grown over just past were we were shooting so this place doesn't get no traffic. No garbage from other shooters. After we got done shooting we picked up a small bag of trash from who ever was there before, Some shotgun hulls, a beer can and some plastic jugs.

The M90 and the Garand were fun shooting. I have a hard ball Baseball that we were shooting at, if you hit it square you send it packing. We shot hundreds of rounds of ammo today. I need to get more ammo next weekend when I get some extra cash. Days like today are very enjoyable. Before summer is over I'd like to go up there early on a Saturday morning and spend the night up there.

Some pics from today,
Table Furniture Outdoor table Outdoor furniture Picnic table Table Plant Plant community Ecoregion Nature Table Plant Plant community Ecoregion Nature Sky Plant Tree Air gun Outdoor recreation

Off in the distance you can see a snow capped mountain, My buddy Bill shooting my M1 Garand.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I generally go way off the beaten path to go shooting. There are hundreds of miles logging & fire roads in the Cascade Mountains that are State & Federally owned that you have access to. I find spots way out there that get little to no use to shoot. I always pick up afterwards and clean up the mess left by others. I havea small magnet on about a three foot handle that works GREAT for picking up shotgun hulls and the cheap steel rifle & pistol cases.
Wood Table Rectangle Outdoor furniture Plant

Next time out shooting with my friend Bill we will be going a lot closer to home, He wants to do some rifle shooting, so we'll go to a clear-cut on an old logging road in OSO where that large mud slide was last spring that killed 43 people. We can shoot 350 yards there. I'll probably take my 7mm Mag, my Remington 700 in 222 Rem, my Marlin 336 in 30/30 and the Marlin 444 lever-action plus a few handguns. I'm picking up my S&W 437 that I bought and got a delay on and I will picke up one of the guns I have on lay-away by the time we go shooting. One is a stainless Ruger Mark 2 Target model with the 5.5" bull barrel the other is a Taurus 85T that I just put on lay-away. Cabelas wanted $469.99 for it, I got ten dollars off plus an additional 5%. so it brought the price down to $420. It is made out of titanium and is ported, light blueish/purple anodized finnish in 38 + P. It's a little more then I like to spend on it, but you can't fine them anywhere. I'll use it when we go out for dinner. Nice light weight handgun.

I'll post picture of the next trip out shooting.
Send pics of your favorite shooting spots. It's nice to see where you guys go and your shooting set up.

Here's a couple of pics from another shooting spot we go to and the view behind our shooting spot.
Sky Cloud Mountain Tree Highland

Cloud Sky Plant Ecoregion Electricity

Plant Plant community Shooting range Wood Land lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts